BASF is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
The successful candidate will perform complex preparations in the area of heterogeneous catalysis and material science. The candidate is expected to participate in catalyst formulation, provide suggestions in improving catalyst preparation process, and solve reoccurring problems during catalyst preparation.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- Working under close supervision, performs catalyst preparation through routine and non-routine methods according to written procedures and verbal instructions.
- Careful labeling of catalyst samples throughout the preparation steps and documentation of results.
- Compile experimental results and report to the project leader following rigorous record keeping practices Recognize when results are not meeting expectations and advise supervisor.
- Document observations and describes problems associated with new product formulations and processes;
- Coordinate daily activities with supervisor or other team members for any change or adjustments in task priorities, laboratory equipment, and/or raw materials.
- Lays out the design of projects and interprets the results; may recommend different or additional analysis or design.
- Capable of resolving minor problems/troubleshooting with minimal supervision.
- Assist senior staff on specified projects and trains other technicians; provides technical assistance on non-complex issues.
- Compile and reports monthly and periodic analytical results to supervisor.
- Operate and maintain the related instruments & equipment independently. .
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or closely related field with no experience required. Expected to have academic knowledge and training in basic chemistry principles.
- Basic chemistry knowledge (periodic table, pH, moles, acid, base,
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Iselin
- Math skills in chemical batch calculation
- Hands-on knowledge of preparation and coating of slurries is a strong plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office software required – Lotus Notes a plus
- Strong focus and exposure to safety protocols in the laboratory
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced technical environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Function: REDE - Research & Development
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: GCC-Catalysis Research
BASF - 4 months ago
BASF SE, formerly BASF AG, is a Germany-based chemical company. The Company has six business segments: Chemicals, Plastics, Performance...