Barnes Group Inc. - Associated Spring has an exciting career opportunity for a dynamic leader to play an integral role in driving and supporting our business goals and objectives. The right candidate should have a proven track record of leadership, and building highly engaged and collaborative teams, to bring about results. He or she will serve as the primary resource for the business unit in its Lean Enterprise transformation and lead programs to accomplish change initiatives and integrate them into the culture. This opportunity will provide visibility to leadership at the strategic business unit, global segment and officer level and can lead to future career growth and development opportunities based upon performance and execution of assigned goals. If you are a high-energy individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, please submit your name for further consideration.
Corporate Values: Integrity, Empowerment, Emotional Intelligence, Collaboration, Competitiveness, Continuous Improvement, Workplace Fairness, and Globalization
- Leads, Models, and Drive the Lean Enterprise transformation through the strategic business unit in alignment with business strategies and annual operating plan. Collaborates with the strategic business unit management team and site champions to ensure the development of a robust Lean future state strategy. Leads by way of example to assure effective implementation.
- Effectively initiate, influence and able to handle the “gray’ and mobilize various levels of the organization to move forward with strategic and tactical change and keep ongoing pulse on progress through virtual environment, technology and tools.
- Facilitates the development of the local sites communication plan in alignment with the strategic business unit strategy and goals of the SBU.
- Monitors and measures progress of lean improvement plan and metrics to increase overall operating efficiencies
- Provides and/or oversees all on going education for the employee population on Lean Enterprise tools and techniques forming and sustaining a culture of continuous improvement and learning.
- Leads Lean Enterprise training programs, Kaizen events and other Lean Enterprise initiatives for the strategic business unit. Ensures adherence to the Lean standards and annual goals and objectives.
- Provides leadership, guidance, coaching and stretch assignments to the Lean site experts and managers to foster their development and progression. This includes sharing timely feedback, assessing performance and building relationships of trust with your direct reports.
- Ability to provide value added services in a consistent manner appropriate to BGI sites. Able to design develop, deliver and evaluate training, workshops, improvement events and recognize, leverage and share best practices.
- Expected travel 50%.
- Relocation assistance is available
- Ten (10) or more years of manufacturing experience with at least four (4) years of managerial experience. Four (4) years or more of experience directing Lean leadership in a cross functional environment required.
- Demonstrated success implementing change in a manufacturing environment with flexibility and adaptability.
- Emotionally intelligent change agent able to act with a sense of urgency to drive results. A proven ability to influence, builds commitment, empower and engage employees, colleagues and senior leadership teams.
- Impeccable integrity; superior communication and interpersonal skills; ability to effectively interface with all levels of the organization and influence positive change.
- Must have a strong business sense and understanding of financial metrics and goals as related to business objectives.
- Hands-on, highly motivated and results-oriented professional with demonstrated career accomplishments of increasing levels of responsibility and leadership of projects and teams of considerable size, scope and complexity.
- Must possess strong communication skills in English to effectively work with US headquartered Corporate Office. (INTL LOCATIONS ONLY)
- Demonstrated ability to assess, coach, develop high caliber and potential leadership talent. Highly organized, able to work under pressure, multi–task and deliver multiple competing priorities.
- Sensitivity to different cultures and lead change strategies across functional, geographical and organizational boundaries.
To be considered for the above position, please visit our website www.BGInc.com Click on Careers, search for the job posting in which you are interested and submit your resume on line.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Lean and/or Six Sigma training/certification preferred. MS or MBA strongly preferred.
Barnes Group Inc., career development is a shared responsibility in which all employees are encouraged to develop, improve, and enhance their skills and professional growth to support our business objectives.
Barnes Group, Inc. - 17 months ago