Barnes Industrial’s Associated Spring Raymond Strategic Business Unit seeks a high energy business partner with excellent accounting knowledge and experience to serve as Controller supporting its global strategic business unit (SBU). As Controller, this challenging and rewarding opportunity will position you to act as an integral member of the business unit’s senior management team and provide key input to all business and strategic decisions. Additionally, you will be accountable for maintaining the integrity and completeness of the financial data and controls for the SBU. The right individual will provide direction and support to drive the growth and profitability of the business unit. If you are a disciplined and collaborative individual with effective leadership skills, demonstrated understanding of LEAN who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can focus individual and team energies to deliver results, you may be an excellent candidate to join our team.
Corporate Values: Integrity, Empowerment, Emotional Intelligence, Collaboration, Competitiveness, Continuous Improvement, Workplace Fairness, and Globalization.
- Provides functional leadership and managerial direction to Associated Spring Raymond accounting, finance and I.T. resources worldwide operations.
- Leads, develops and motivates a team of professionals by empowering and encouraging initiative, high quality relationships and the ability to communicate openly and honestly while providing ongoing performance feedback. Support Division Controllers in areas such as coaching, training and analysis.
- Ensures compliance with U.S. GAAP and is familiar with international GAAP rules which may cause differences in financial reporting from U.S. standards. Safeguards and controls company assets including inventory, receivables, payables, and capitalized property.
- Ensures compliance with BGI accounting policies, as well as oversight of Government Accounting compliance.
- Support divisions with overhead rates analysis, receivable and inventory valuation reserve reviews, inventory compliance, SAB101, system implementations, make vs. buy analyses, etc.
- Prepares annual Profit Plan and monthly forecast of sales and profit for the various divisions.
- Analyzes financial condition and performs due diligence reviews on prospective acquisitions.
- Contribute toward various operational and sales initiatives such as new business financial modeling, evaluating new business and product line introductions, etc.
- Leads the internal reviews of Associated Spring Raymond operations for compliance with policies, accuracy of reported information, and procedural efficiency. Directs and consolidates regular reporting of operating results and financial position.
- Analyzes product distributionalternatives for financial benefit and profitability to the division.
- Responsible for the design,development and adminstration of internal controls and control system as they relate to Account Receivable, Accounts Payable, Inventory, Fixed Assets and payroll.
- Key involvement in GDP, KPI, and Lean initiatives.
Education Requirements :
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in accounting with at least 3 years of accounting and managerial experience in a mid to large size, publicly held, Experience at a ‘Big 4’ or ‘Tier 2” accounting firm preferred.
- Proven track record of progressive career advancement including ten plus years of audit and accounting experience. Previous controllership experience required.Impeccable integrity; excellent working knowledge of US and International GAAP and working in a SOX environment are required.
- Demonstrated understanding of information technology which supports the entire business including financial systems and Microsoft Office.
- A change agent comfortable in a dynamic organization experiencing growth and strategic evolution. Superior project management skills and a record of delivering results in connection with business improvement.
- Persuasive leadership skills and superb technical accounting skills to coach, guide, and motivate the SBUs and Segment financial staff.
- Demonstrated ability to position the finance group as a valued and collaborative resource to the organization.
- Strong competencies in leadership, communication, emotional intelligence, cultural awareness & organizational astuteness.
- Strong distribution knowledge a plus
- Acquisition and financial modeling experience highly desirable.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance is required. MBA is preferred. Accreditation in Accounting (CPA, CMA, or CIA) highly desirable
To be considered for the above position, please visit our website www.BGInc.com , click on careers, search for the job posting in which you are interested and submit your resume online.
At Barnes Group Inc, career development is a shared responsibility in which all employees are encouraged to develop, improve, and enhance their skills and professional growth to support Barnes Group Inc. business objectives.
Barnes Group, Inc. - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -