The Assistant Construction Manager will assist the Construction Manager in the oversight of the project-engineering department, provide assistance in the project procurement reporting, and assist the Construction Manager in the overall management of the construction processes. As directed by the Construction Manager, the Assistant Construction Manager will provide oversight of the project engineering department, overall management of procurement reporting and management of construction processes
In accordance with the Lend Lease Incident and Injury Free (IIF) Vision, this position is also responsible for role modeling safety leadership by demonstrating the IIF Vision in all aspects of their work as well as empowering the teams in which they lead for safety including holding them accountable for safe outcomes.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required.
- Must have a demonstrative commitment to live the five core values Respect, Integrity, Innovation, Collaboration and Excellence.
- Must be able to apply concepts and exploit opportunities for Sustainability.
- Assist the Construction Manager in the performance of their essential job functions and duties. For reference, we have attached the following list of Construction Manager duties:
- Coordinate with the General Superintendent the direction, planning, coordination, and execution of work on time, within budget, attaining or exceeding profit goals while maintaining a safe workplace, promoting and enhancing client relationships.
- Contribute to Actus Lend Leases competitive position through continual personal growth, learning and the sharing of acquired knowledge.
- Maintain a commitment to execute work and conduct business in a professional manner.
- Ensure timely project completion through effective leadership and coordination of the following:
- Possess working knowledge and have the ability to clearly communicate technical details of all project plans, specifications, and contract with owner, subcontracts, purchase orders, daily correspondence, shop drawings, submittals/approvals and all other project related documents.
- Provide Project Leadership in respect to Incident & Injury free safety initiative.
- Ensure a complete and accurate set of contract documents including all the current contract changes and clarifications and a complete set of as-builts are available at the field location
- Perform a qualitative review of all contract documents for potential conflicts or interpretation issues to mitigate risk.
- Assist the Senior Construction Manager to develop general conditions budget, and through labor cost reporting, manage and control the budget.
- Assist Preconstruction Director to develop an initial project schedule and communicate sequence and schedule updates to all field personnel including subcontractors and vendors.
- Conduct pre-award interviews with the assistance of the Preconstruction and Procurement Manager, Project Engineer and Assistant Construction Manager as appropriate.
- Ensure the development, maintenance and enforcement of a project site logistics plan and temporary facilities plan.
- Ensure the development, maintenance and enforcement of a project specific quality assurance and workmanship program to include all subcontractors.
- Review and provide feedback on all purchase orders and subcontracts.
- Conduct pre-award interviews with the assistance of the Preconstruction and Procurement Manager.
- Direct staff in the monitoring all jobsite control reporting measures including daily reports, petty cash report, payroll, quantity reporting, accident and incident reports and timesheets.
- Participate with the Senior Construction Manager in the development of monthly progress report, monthly payment applications, anticipated cost report, and other financial costs reports.
- Direct the development and maintain a plan for monitoring and completing punch list items.
- Lead the development, implementation, maintenance and enforcement of the project site-specific safety program in accordance with Policies and Processes, OSHA requirements, local, state and federal laws to include all subcontractors. Lead OSHA site visits.
- Display problem solving and decision making ability; results-oriented, organized with good follow-up skills.
- Maintain current certifications for First Aid and CPR.
- Understand local labor requirements, availability and capability for self performed work. Ensure all requirements of insurance, safety, labor relations, and Equal Employment Opportunity is met.
- Lead and participate in buyout, Owner/Architect/Contractor coordination, lead team, subcontractor, staff, scheduling and project completion reviews and meetings.
- Identify new project opportunities and inform appropriate management staff of potential projects with current clients.
- Lead the development of the Construction Management team by interviewing, hiring, training and participating in the professional development of the staff to ensure competent professionals who are knowledgeable of and in compliance with all Actus Lend Lease policies and procedures.
- Promote the development of positive working relationships, field staff, client personnel, subcontractor and vendors on all levels
- Perform other Ad hoc duties as requested.
Make business decisions that ensure safe outcomes
- Must have a demonstrative commitment to Incident and Injury Free and all safety protocols.
- Role model the IIF Vision and Safety Leadership in all aspects of work.
- Exercise integrity in moments of truth
- Empower people and hold them accountable for a safe workplace.
- Demand and develop safety skills behaviors and attitudes in everyone with which they work.
- Learn from and implement safety best practices.
Lend Lease - 9 months ago