Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
Department: BusSvc: Nutrition and BASE
Pay Type: Hourly
Months Per Year: 9
Hours Per Week: 25
Salary Plan: CLS
Min Rate: $ 11.41
Max Rate: $ 16.91
JOB SUMMARY: Leads kitchen staff in daily duties. Responsible for the daily preparation of food and all associated functions. Assists in promoting good customer relations by responding to comments and complaints regarding Nutrition Services. Also, assists in promoting and maintaining good relationships with school staff. Complies with Health Department Standards, all safety procedures, departmental policies and procedures, and all applicable state and federal regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Tasks Descriptions
1. Leads kitchen team in performing all food preparation activities including anticipating food production, cooking, and baking. Leads team in batch cooking, replenishing fruit and vegetable bar and condiment station between lunch periods.
2. Monitors cash collection from students and staff.
3. Makes routine decisions in absence of supervisor.
4. Assures the safety of all food served, and maintains clean and sanitary food preparation and service areas.
5. Prepares end-of-day reports and reconciles cash.
6. Accepts/assists with deliveries; checks packing slips, temperatures, dates and stores incoming food.
7. Maintains organization of storeroom, refrigerators and freezers.
8. Assists supervisor in ordering and inventory process.
9. Assures service of proper portions to students, staff and parents.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• More than one year in a school meal program or food service management.
• Experience with large volume food preparation preferred.
• Successful completion of Assistant Manager Trainee Program.
• Recommend attendance at Colorado Department of Education (CDE) summer workshops every five years.
• Recommend attendance at American School Food Service Association (ASFSA) annual conference every five years.
• Willing to obtain within one year of entering position, the following District courses: Classified Evaluation System, Facilitating Improved Performance, Progressive Discipline, and Conflict Management.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
• Criminal background check required for hire.
• ASFSA Certification preferred.
• Recommend membership in ASFSA and Colorado School Food Service Association (CSFSA).
• Recommended to become ASFSA Certified, at Level 1, within five years of entering position.
• Recommended to obtain Serve Safe Certification through ASFSA.
TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
• Proficient knowledge of commercial food preparation and equipment.
• Proficient ability to lead, work and resolve conflict with others.
• Basic math skills and ability to apply weights, measures and amounts in recipes.
• Basic computer skills to include proficiency in the department’s POS computer program, e-mail and web site navigation.
• Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with people from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds. Willingness to contribute to cultural diversity for educational enrichment.
• Ability to promote and follow Board of Education policies, Superintendent policies, building and department procedures.
• Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT OPERATING KNOWLEDGE:
• Large volume food production, serving and sanitizing equipment.
• Basic kitchen utensils including knives, slicers, thermometers and cleaning agents.
• Normal office equipment such as personal computer, printer, copier, fax, phone system, and email.
• Employee provides input to the team leader on the other team members’ performance.
• Employee provides guidance to temporary or part-time employees including student helpers.
How To Apply
Temporary position - not eligible for benefits for 6 months.
All positions are "Open - Until Filled" unless a specific closing date is listed.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should apply online. When filling out your online application, please include any and all work experience including district experience, please include Job Title and duties that you held while doing that job. If you attach a resume please take the time to fill out the online application as well. It is important to have a completed application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for. For directions on completing the online application, please visit the Adams 12 Application Instruction link on the Human Resources website.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools
1500 East 128th Avenue
Thornton, CO 80241
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The District shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. The Superintendent is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools - 17 months ago