North East, MD
sale site has an immediate opening for an
Assistant Yard Manager
. We’re looking for a hands-on assistant manager who is capable of effectively managing multiple tasks at once!
What we offer:
Our success is built on the drive, initiative and dedication of our people. Here’s how:
- Base salary + overtime pay and comprehensive benefits.
- 401(K) and an Employee Share Plan, both with company match.
- Ongoing training, professional development and tuition reimbursement.
- Meals catered at our auction sites at auction time, plus post auction celebration.
The Assistant Yard Manager is responsible for working closely with the Yard Manager on managing all aspects of the auction yard. This is including occupational and environmental health and safety, yard team management, refurbish building accountability, as well as the general organization of the yard to ensure the safe and smooth operation of the North East, MD yard operations and related off-site locations. In this role you’ll:
To get an idea of what our auctions are like, you can check out some auction videos on YouTube right here: http://bit.ly/KKL9Fz
- Plan the refurbishing schedule and budget; control purchase orders and cost sheets.
- Manage paint contractors and other site-related vendors.
- Oversee yard layout and equipment line up.
- Supervise and develop some full-time and part-time yard staff to their full potential with respect to job performance and the delivery of exceptional customer service.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with all corporate and legislated health and safety and environmental policies, regulations and laws.
- Arrange for and schedule all sale day casual staff.
- Ensure equipment is in sale-ready condition.
- Coordinate site security.
- Assist the Yard Manager with any other auction yard duties when required.
Here's what you will bring:
This role will require you to:
- Prior experience effectively leading and managing or supervising multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience with or knowledge of industrial and/or agricultural equipment, trucks and trailers.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Previous cost management experience and a background in business fundamentals and business financial knowledge is preferred.
- Proven experience providing exemplary customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Strong computer skills including the ability to learn new systems.
- Top-notch written and verbal communication skills (on this job your most valuable tools will be the 2-way radio, a cell phone and a desk phone).
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- A strong work ethic without sacrificing your sense of humor or your ability to have fun on the job.
- A good fitness level - this is an active job.
- Have a valid, clean driver’s license.
- Work both indoors and outdoors year-round and climb on and off large equipment and trucks.
- Work regular overtime, including weekend hours, at
auction sales and
auction sales. You can expect to work extra hours for
2-3 weeks prior
to each sale,
during each sale
, and for
1 week after
at a time to other auction sites within the region.
Office/Auction Site Location
Permanent Full Time
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers - 22 months ago
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers began as a family business in Kelowna, Canada. Three brothers -- Dave, Ken and John -- conducted their first...