Principle Responsibilities and Duties
- Asst. Hotel Managers are in charge of overseeing all the events, activities and operations in a hotel. They make all the necessary decisions needed in their assigned division and ensure all hotel rules and policies are implemented.
- Asst. Hotel Managers monitor the tasks of personnel and workers, set goals and plans to promote and improve the service of their department; and are tasked to give schedules and assignment to each worker.
- They handle guests/clients’s complaints and compliments about their department.
- They make sure that events are well organized.
- Asst. Hotel Managers welcome all guests and customers as they enter the hotel or property.
- Assists the Hotel Manager in ensuring the security of their guests and the entire hotel or hotel department.
- Mange front desk, back office departments, transportation/bell and valet to ensure all employees are working efficiently. Administer progressive discipline when employees are in violation of workplace policy. Conduct regular employee evaluation reviews and present recommendations to Hotel Manager and Director of Hotel Operations for demotion or advancement.
- Manage guest relations and coordinate requests for repairs and maintenance. Have an understanding of hotel charges and guest concerns.
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships between departments, with coworkers, and other members of a team project. Prepare for team meetings in advance and act as chairperson for the meeting with the Hotel Manager.
- Directs and coordinates the supervisors in the GSR departments.
- Performs duties of GSR as required in front office and back offices.
- Maintains payroll, Stratton Warren system, PMS system, assisting with the yielding of rates with Hotel Manager and budgets.
- Oversee night auditor and reports, communicating with accounting on all guest with balances/folios and city ledger accounts.
- Actively promotes and environment conductive to high quality customer service.
- Creates and initiates all measures of standards for all Hotel Departments.