Health Care Assurance Manager
A Manager is the liaison between the Partner, the client, and the professional staff. Managers are responsible for managing multiple consulting or accounting projects simultaneously, and scheduling, staffing, and coordinating workflow. Managers develop and train staff, and make associations to develop new business for the Firm. Advanced technical skills along with well-developed and applied management and supervisory skills are required. The Manager may be a career position.
Required Experience and Education
- Five (5) to seven (7) years experience in assurance with a public accounting firm, demonstrating a progression in complexity, scope, and number of projects managed.
- Health Care experience strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in accounting
- Minimum of forty hours of continuing professional education is required each year to develop technical and supervisory skills to provide and supervise services to clients.
Required Licenses, Certificates or Knowledge
- Current and valid certified public accountant's license is required.
- Must be a member in good standing with the American Institute of CPAs and respective state societies
- Proficiency in use of computer accounting software or software appropriate to practice area.
- Assume responsibilities for project management.
- Maintain contact with client throughout the year and possess a thorough knowledge of the client and all facets of client's business.
- Maintain familiarity with qualifications of all staff members and review staff assignments for appropriateness.
- Monitor time budgets.
- Supervise staff and provide on-the-job training; review workpapers and reports prepared by staff.
- Anticipate problem areas and questions that will arise during the course of a project.
- Keep Partner informed of all-important developments; analyze problems and recommend solutions.
- Communicate progress of projects, problems, and resolutions to client.
- Assist in development of responsible, trained staff by participating in performance evaluations.
- Prepare invoices to clients, communicate details of fees to clients, and assist in collection of overdue accounts.
- Possess a complete knowledge of the Firm's philosophy and its opinions on financial matters.
- Assist in recruiting entry-level and experienced staff. Attend Beta Alpha Psi events and functions at colleges and universities sponsored by the Firm, conduct interviews and perform other recruiting duties as requested.
- Attention to client service and adding value to client's businesses is an integral part of the job requirements. Managers must demonstrate their ability to identify cross-selling opportunities and follow through with those opportunities or refer them to other professionals if necessary.
- Take responsibility for accuracy of data entry, accumulation, and maintenance in all aspects of what we do as an accounting and consulting Firm.
- Learn through Mentor or other Partner proper delegation and management of workload and demonstrate ability to properly delegate and manage workload.
- Work to develop responsible, trained staff by assisting in recruiting, developing training aids, and acting as instructor in professional development programs.
- Participate in Firm's practice development efforts.
- Prepare reports and projects as requested by Partners.
- Participate in Firm's marketing efforts to add new business.
- Understand the Firm's business on a day to day basis: billings and collections, proper utilization of staff, Firm policies and procedures, etc.
- Serve as Mentor for Senior Associates and Associate.
- After first year of employment and pursuant to Mentor approval, join a community association related to his/her field.
- Perform such other duties as assigned.
We serve a broad range of industries including Franchising, Construction, Manufacturing, Professional Services, and Healthcare. We value our people, our clients, innovation, leadership, teamwork, doing what's right, technology, and success. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.