Assurance Senior Associate
Senior Associates perform most work assigned with minimal assistance. They often lead one or more Associates, instruct them in work to be performed, review the work done, and direct necessary revisions. Senior Associates are required to make decisions on all but the most unusual accounting and consulting matters.
Required Experience and Education
·Normally two (2) to three (3) years experience in public accounting or consulting, demonstrating a progression in complexity and number of projects.
·Bachelor's degree in accounting or Master's degree in accounting.
·Experience with financial institutions preferred.
·Minimum of forty hours continuing professional education is required each year.
Required Licenses, Certificates or Knowledge
·Either hold a current and valid certified public accountant's license, or be working toward obtaining the license by taking and passing the applicable state CPA exam, if appropriate to practice area.
·If CPA, must be a member in good standing with the American Institute of CPAs and respective state societies.
·Proficiency in use of computers and computer accounting software, or software appropriate to practice area.
1. Performs diversified accounting, auditing, consulting, and tax assignments under the direction of Supervisor, Manager or Partner.
2. Demonstrates competency in technical skills, work quality, and application of professional and Firm standards.
3. Meets time constraints and client deadlines.
4. Participates in planning and scheduling client projects.
5. Directs and instructs Associates, where applicable, in work to be performed and working paper review.
6. Suggests client tax planning ideas to Supervisor, Manager, or Partner.
7. Prepares routine correspondence to client for approval and signature of a Partner; writes comments for management letters.
8. Performs the broadest range of accountant tasks so that direct participation of Supervisors, Managers, or Partners is kept to a minimum.
9. Assists in recruiting entry-level and experienced staff by serving as "greeters" for on-campus interviews and such other recruiting duties as needed and attend Beta Alpha Psi events, career days, and functions at colleges and universities sponsored by the Firm.
10. Attends to client service and adding value to clients' businesses is an integral part of the job requirements and demonstrates the ability to identify cross-selling opportunities and follow through with those opportunities or refer them to other professionals if necessary.
11. Takes responsibility for accuracy of data entry, accumulation, and maintenance in all aspects of what we do as an accounting and consulting Firm.
12. Learns through Mentor or direct Manager proper delegation and management of workload and demonstrates ability to properly delegate and manage workload.
13. Assists in marketing the Firm.
14. Encouraged to join a community association related to his/her field after first year of employment with Mentor approval prior to joining.
15. Participate in Mentoring Program and serve as new hire buddy.
16. Such other duties as may be assigned
1. Encouraged to join a community association related to his/her field after first year of employment with Mentor approval prior to joining.
2. Participate in Mentoring Program and serve as new hire buddy.
3. Such other duties as may be assigned.
We serve a broad range of industries including Franchising, Construction, Manufacturing, Professional Services, and Healthcare. We value our people, our clients, innovation, leadership, teamwork, doing what's right, technology, and success. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
HORNE LLP - 30+ days ago