The Supervisor is responsible for larger more complex assignments and may manage two or more projects simultaneously. Supervisors assume responsibility for supervising projects and special assignments, can review working papers and financial statements, and can communicate with clients on a one-on-one basis. Supervisors are responsible for complying with pronouncements of professional and other regulatory groups. The Supervisor may be a career position.
Required Experience and Education
- Normally three (3) to five (5) years experience in public or industry accounting or consulting, demonstrating a progression in complexity, scope, and number of projects managed.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting with CPA eligibility .
- Experience with financial institutions preferred.
- Minimum of forty hours of continuing professional education is required each year to develop technical and supervisory skills to provide and supervise services to clients.
Required Licenses, Certificates or Knowledge
- A current and valid certified public accountant’s license is preferred, if appropriate to practice area.
- If CPA, must be a member in good standing with the American Institute of CPAs and respective state societies.
- Proficiency in use of computers, and computer accounting software, or software appropriate to practice area.
- Assumes full responsibility for supervising projects and special assignments using established Firm policies and procedures.
- Coordinates various phases of projects, budgets time and expenses, monitors actual performance against budget, reviews working papers for accuracy and completeness, and reviews financial statements for suitability of presentation and adequacy of disclosures.
- Resolves accounting and consulting problems as they arise.
- Provides supervision and the on-the-job training to staff assigned to project.
- Assigns work to staff members based on their knowledge and capabilities.
- Supports training of staff members, offers guidance and direction, gives constructive criticism of working papers.
- Ensures that working papers, financial statements, tax returns, and letters of recommendations are prepared in accordance with generally accepted professional and Firm standards.
- Communicates project’s progress, problems, resolutions, financial information, tax activity and other business concerns to Managers, Senior Managers, or Partners.
- Reviews with Manager or Partner significant findings that raise questions involving accounting principles or statement presentation.
- Prepares or reviews financial statements, notes, schedules, management letters, and tax returns for later discussion between Manager or Partner and the client.
- Assists in recruiting entry-level and experienced staff and attends Beta Alpha Psi events and functions at colleges and universities sponsored by the Firm as well as such other recruiting duties as needed.
- Attends to client service and adding value to clients’ businesses is an integral part of the job requirements and demonstrates the ability to identify cross-selling opportunities and follow through with those opportunities or refer them to other professionals if necessary.
- Takes responsibility for accuracy of data entry, accumulation, and maintenance in all aspects of what we do as an accounting and consulting Firm.
- Learns through Mentor or direct Manager proper delegation and management of workload and demonstrates ability to properly delegate and manage workload.
- Assists in marketing the Firm.
- Participates in Firm’s practice development efforts including expanding services to clients.
- Prepares other reports and projects as requested from time to time by Managers or Partners.
- Understands the Firm’s business on a day to day basis: billings and collections, proper utilization of staff, Firm policies and procedures, etc.
- Participate in Mentor Program and serve as new hire buddy.
- Encouraged to join a community association related to his/her field after first year of employment with Mentor approval prior to joining.
- Such other duties as may be assigned.
We serve a broad range of industries including Franchising, Construction, Manufacturing, Professional Services, and Healthcare. We value our people, our clients, innovation, leadership, teamwork, doing what's right, technology, and success. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
HORNE LLP - 23 months ago