Assurant Solutions businesses develop, underwrite, market and administer specialty insurance, extended service contracts and other risk management solutions through collaborative relationships with leading financial institutions, retailers, automobile dealers, funeral homes, manufacturers, wireless carriers and other entities. With operations in 25 locations, including executive offices in Atlanta, GA., Assurant Solutions serves clients and their customers in 12 countries throughout North America, the Caribbean, Latin America, Europe and Asia. http://www.assurantsolutions.com/
Assurant Solutions is part of Assurant, a premier provider of specialized insurance products and related services in North America and select worldwide markets. The four key businesses -- Assurant Solutions, Assurant Specialty Property, Assurant Health, and Assurant Employee Benefits -- partner with clients who are leaders in their industries and have built leadership positions in a number of specialty insurance market segments in the U.S. and select worldwide markets.
Assurant, a Fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P 500, is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AIZ. Assurant has approximately $27 billion in assets and $8 billion in annual revenue. Assurant has approximately 14,000 employees worldwide and is headquartered in New York's financial district. www.assurant.com .
As an Operations Supervisor , you will supervise employees in our facility, ensuring its effective operation by preparing work schedules, assigning tasks, coordinating the flow of work and assigned projects, overseeing completion of work, and monitoring performance of subordinates. Attention to detail, demonstrated supervisory abilities and proficiency in manufacturing, inventory and warehousing processes are what you will bring to the table for this position!
- Ensure adherence to company policies and process standards, while maintaining employee morale and overseeing the training of new and existing staff.
- Work with management to establish department and company goals, and rely on experience, judgment and innovation to achieve them.
- Develop and implement process improvements, and coordinate new model introductions.
- Liaison between teams, shifts, and departments, and partner with vendor / customer / client representatives.
- Monitor inventory of materials and equipment while facilitating capital equipment procurement and maintenance service calls.
- Provide a clean, organized and safe work environment for personnel to work in while ensuring all safety and environmental regulations are followed.
- Accomplishes supervisory and human resource objectives such as hiring, performing performance reviews and mentoring/coaching.
- Meets production operational standards by implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying process improvements.
- Meets production financial standards by controlling and minimizing production expenses.
- Records production by completing daily shift production reports; calculating yields and recoveries.
- Maintains flow of operations by communicating production status, requirements, and problems to next shift.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years in a leadership/supervisory experience in a related field.
- Must have excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have intermediate to mediate math skills.
- Must have Strong PC skills (spreadsheets, databases, etc.) and familiarity with label printers and bar code scanners.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills including, effective oral communication skills.
- Must have the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must have the ability to interact effectively and positively with all levels of company personnel as well as external personnel.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and able handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Must be available to work extra hours and Saturdays as needed.
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for a job and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Associates degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience having direct reports is a plus.
To learn more about our current opportunities and to apply online, please visit http://www.assurant.jobs
Follow us on Twitter! http://twitter.com/AssurantCareers (@AssurantCareers)
Requisition Number: 30409
Assurant - 14 months ago
Assurant, Inc. (Assurant) is a holding company. Through its subsidiaries, it is engaged in providing specialized insurance products and...