At Home, Seasonal Customer Service Representative
Higher One Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ONE) is a leading company focused on creating cost-saving efficiencies for higher education institutions and providing high-value services to students. Higher One offers a wide array of technological services on campus, ranging from streamlining the institution’s performance analytics and financial aid refund processes to offering students innovative banking services, tuition payment plans, and the basics of financial management. Higher One works closely with colleges and universities to allocate resources more efficiently in order to provide a higher quality of service and education to students.
Founded in 2000 on a college campus by students, Higher One now serves more than half of the higher education market, providing its services to over 1,250 campuses and 10.5 million students at distinguished public and private institutions nationwide.
At Higher One, we believe that every employee is critical to our success! Our innovative services depend on the energy, values, hard work and dedication of our employees. As we continue to grow, we look for others who are also committed to retaining a small-company feel while moving us to the next level!
The Seasonal, Part Time Home Based Customer Service Representative will respond to a high volume of inbound telephone calls and email requests from Higher One accountholders. Customer service representatives serve as the first contact with card holders. In this role you will assist customers with questions and issues regarding their accounts.
**We are currently recruiting in CT, FL, NC, CO, TX, GA, MI, IL, IN and VA only.** Paid training classes will start on Aug. 5th or Aug 12th, 2013, seasonal employment will last through mid to late October 2013
We are seeking experienced Customer Service Representatives for a Part-Time, Seasonal assignment. The following shifts are available:
ALL TIMES ARE EASTERN STANDARD TIME
1:15pm to 7pm
2:15pm to 8:30pm
4:30pm to 10:30pm
The Customer Service Reps must have a landline phone with an unlimited long distance plan. Higher One will reimburse $30.00 each month for unlimited long distance telephone service for all active home based customer service representatives.
This person will work from home and must meet the following requirements at the time of application:
- 1 to 3 years experience in customer service and/or data entry experience required.
- Good listening skills required.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have a professional phone manner and ability to handle customer complaint calls.
- Previous experience working in a bank and/or call center is helpful.
- Bilingual/Spanish speaking a plus.
- BA/BS preferred
- A reliable personal computer (must be a PC, not a Mac), a landline phone, and a headset.
- Windows XP SP2 or higher, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 Home Premium or higher.
- Windows must be up to date with all security patches applicable to service pack level.
- Internet Explorer 7 or higher.
- Broadband internet access (Cable, DSL, or Verizon FIOS only).
- All agents will be required to install a VPN client provided by Higher One.
- All agents will be required to install a computer configuration scanning client provided by Higher One.
- Approved Antivirus Software (a list will be provided) with current virus definitions, current Antivirus subscription, and regularly scheduled scans.
- Higher One recommends agents also run a current anti-spyware software
- Must have the ability to connect to your home router or modem with a network cable.
- Vonage and Magic Jack are not accepted forms of landline phones.
- A quiet work area without background noise and interruptions (ex. pet noises and personal interruptions).
- Ability to be on the Internet and a landline phone call simultaneously.
- Ability to pass a credit and background check.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to work at least 20 hours per week between the hours of 8am and 11pm ET, Monday through Friday.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Remote employees are still just as plugged into Higher One’s culture. While they may not get hit by errant Nerf balls, they still enjoy the transparent communication that comes with being a Higher One employee. Tamara M. has worked for Higher One for over four years, and despite never having set a foot into corporate headquarters, feels like a true part of the family.
Tamara’s Top Three Favorite Things About Higher One
Integrity: Higher One cares about the people they work with. “I am really particular about what I do, where I work and I wanted to work from home, so it really narrowed down my choices. I liked their integrity and as a former teacher, I liked the idea of working with students.”
Work/Life Balance: Tamara and her husband both work part-time from home for Higher One. Their schedules allow them to be active in their church and neighborhood activities, and to enjoy lunches together on their patio during the workday! “There’s a lot of flexibility – it’s a good job for people that want to slow down but still are used to a challenge.”
Old-fashioned customer service: Higher One puts a lot of emphasis on giving stellar service , no matter what the customer is saying or doing. “My favorite thing is taking the calls with regular students – good old customer care, I love it! We put a lot of focus on being people of integrity, and that’s really important to me.”
***Pre-employment background and credit check are required. Applicant must not have past due or collection items including charge offs, judgments or liens. Bankruptcy items are excluded.
The higher ambition at Higher One Holdings is to facilitate higher education payments. The company provides payment processing and...