Under general supervision of designated supervisor, to maintain, clean, repair and issue athletic equipment/supplies and associated records.
Acceptable Minimum Qualifications
1. High school graduation.
2. Knowledge of sports equipment, including its maintenance and repair.
3. Ability to communicate effectively with students, staff and visitors.
4. Computer skills, if required ¬by organizational unit to which assigned.
6. Sufficient strength and physical dexterity to perform duties and responsibilities of this job, including heavy work.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
1. Athletic background.
2. Experience in related work.
3. Knowledge of athletic programs in higher education.
Additional Job Information:
Applicants should be prepared to upload the following required documents at the time of application: resume
Is this position responsible for the supervision of staff?
No, this position is not responsible for supervision
If yes, what kind of staff does this person supervise?
Does not apply
Background check may be required prior to employment.
The University of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution. The university seeks excellence through diversity among its administrators, faculty, staff, and students. The university prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or marital status. Application by members of all underrepresented groups is encouraged.
Additional Salary Information:
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Receive and dispense locks, towels, uniforms, athletic equipment and supplies.
2. Arrange for cleaning of equipment and laundering of clothing.
3. Clean assigned area of work and related equipment.
4. Maintain records of all equipment/supplies issued and returned.
5. Assign and maintain records of lockers for students and/or staff.
6. Perform periodic inventories of stock on hand.
7. Repair minor damages to equipment and arrange for repair of more seriously damaged items with suppliers.
8. Perform routine maintenance on equipment, such as oiling leather or plastic gear.
9. Hand and/or machine sew clothing to repair minor damages.
10. Make records and bill individuals responsible for lost or stolen items.
11. Fit students with athletic equipment such as uniforms, shoes, pads, helmets, etc.
12. Maintain competency with respect to knowledge of NCAA rules, ensure compliance with NCAA rules, and report to the Director of Athletics knowledge of any violation of NCAA, conference and/or institutional rules. NCAA rule violations shall be subject to disciplinary or corrective actions as set forth in the provisions of the NCAA enforcement procedures. These procedures detail disciplinary action for both secondary and major violations of NCAA rules
13. Perform related duties, as assigned.
University System of New Hampshire - 12 months ago