Athletic Trainer, High School Outreach, PRN
Summa Health System is recognized as one of the region’s top employers by a number of third party organizations, including NorthCoast 99. Exceptional candidates gravitate to Summa because of its culture, passion for delivering excellent service to our patients and families commitment to our philosophy of servant leadership, collegial working relationships at every level of the organization and competitive pay and benefits.
Evaluates, assesses, treats and manages injuries, provides pre-event preparation, injury prevention, concussion management, neurocognitive baseline testing, etc at your assigned School or University in consultation with physician and/or according to set Summa Center for Sports Health Standard Operating Procedures; Provide budget and supply management in conjunction with the School/University’s administration; Provides rehabilitation and physical medicine, in accordance with The Ohio Athletic Training Practice Act and Sports Health’s Standard Operating Guide and Policy Procedures; Completes required medical documentation, billing, seasonal stats and other administrative paperwork per Summa Center for Sports Health’s Policy and Procedures; Is a liaison between the parents, athletes, coaches, school administration and medical team and is an advocate for them; Provides education for parents, coaches, athletes and community related to injury prevention, care for injuries, how to access proper medical care, etc; Provides mentoring and professional development of students (high school and college) as it relates to athletic training and healthcare fields; Assists with pre-participation athlete screenings, baseline Concussion Testing, wrestling alpha testing, Community Outreach Programs and the advancement of the Sports Health Program; Attends monthly staff meetings and other mandatory meetings as scheduled.
Formal Education Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in athletic training or closely related field of study
- Current license issued by the Ohio OTPTAT Training Board to practice Athletic Training in the State of Ohio
- Certified by the Board of Certification, Inc. for athletic trainers
- Maintains AT license in good standing
- CPR through the American Heart Association for the Healthcare Provider (BLS)
Experience and Training Required:
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with physicians, patients, parents, school administrators, other hospital staff and external publics
- Competent in computers as it relates to Microsoft Office, electronic medical records, etc.
- Ability to make effective presentations in front of groups
Other Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
- Must be willing to travel and perform services at various locations as well as and athletic and other events
- Must be willing to work with persons with disabilities and those with work related injuries
- Demonstrates flexibility/adaptability in meeting environmental constraints and demands placed on our service
- Requires exposure to communicable disease, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, and other potentially hazardous conditions common to a clinical environment
- Population Specific Competency: Ability to effectively interact with populations of patients/customers with an understanding of their needs for self-respect and dignity
Acute care hospitals plus a network of outpatient and primary care clinics plus a health care plan yields the sum of Summa Health System....