1 year experience required
Holy Cross Hospital in Fort Lauderdale , Florida is a full-service, non-profit Catholic hospital, sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy and a member of Catholic Health East.
Since we opened our doors in 1955, the name Holy Cross remains synonymous with medical excellence and highly personalized care with sincere human compassion and understanding.
While spirituality plays an essential role in the way that we minister to our patients, we also maintain state-of-the-art technology, a highly acclaimed medical staff and a variety of innovative services to provide healthcare for the entire family.
Holy Cross is accredited by the Joint Commission and is the first hospital in Broward County to be designated a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center . Our many accolades include the 2008 and 2009 U.S.News & World Report "Best Hospital" ranking for Orthopedics and the 2009 American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award.
Under the direction of the Orthopedic Institute physician, this is an athletic training position with clinical responsibilities to one or more orthopedic physicians. This position will require that the incumbent possesses the clinical evaluation and educational skills expected of an athletic trainer for Holy Cross Hospital. Additionally, the incumbent will provide athletic training services for the Orthopedic Institute under the direction of a designated orthopedic physician. Duties include:
· Performance of a thorough medical history on each patient, including; a thorough history of the injury or condition, primary complaint, pain level assessment, past medical history, review of medications and allergies, and how quality of life is affected
· Performance of an appropriate physical examination on each patient seen, including; range of motion testing, strength testing, sensation testing, palpation, functional testing, ligamentous testing, and special tests as needed
· Order and interpret diagnostic studies under the direction of a physician, including; radiographs, MRIs, EMG studies, CT scans, diagnostic ultrasounds, rehabilitation referrals, and physician referrals
· Performance of educational responsibilities in specific to the needs of each individual patient, including; exercise instruction and demonstration and answering patient questions in regards to the treatment plan, surgery, rehabilitation and future care
· Prepare and assist the physician with injection procedures done in the office
- Books and schedules patient surgeries and hospital admissions.
- Assists the physician in operating room when necessary and in the scope of practice set by Holy Cross Hospital.
- Assists surgeon with patient positioning, preparation and draping. Maintains sterile operating field, cuts sutures, assists MD with tissue retraction, exposure of the operative area, suctioning, sizing and preparation of previously harvested graft-tissue, positioning of arthroscopic camera, and suturing skin and wound closure under supervision of the physician
- Provides proper post operative wound care and education, removal of sutures and dressing changes to post-surgical patients as directed by the attending physician.
- Handles general office duties and any other tasks assigned by the physicians or Group Practice Manager
This is a FT position on day shift with benefits. Please visit our Career Center Home Page for more about our benefits.
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelors Degree in Athletic Training, Physical Education, or Exercise Science or health related profession required. Masters Degree preferred.
- Current CPR/AED from American Heart Association certification required.
- Coordination of patient and/or athlete care services with other health care providers is essential. Must have OR experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the use of relevant medical terminology, are essential.
- Nationally certified athletic trainer (ATC) and Florida state licensure required.
If you’re interested in working at Holy Cross Hospital, know this: We’re committed to providing compassionate and holistic person-centered...