Temporary position: 3 months
The Certified Athletic Trainer performs duties in three different practice domains under the general supervision of the Director.
- In the clinical domain, the ATC assists the Physical Therapist in the delivery of rehabilitation services to meet the established goals, treatment plan or program protocol.
- In the Sports Medicine Outreach domain, the ATC works under the direction of a licensed Physician or the program’s Medical Director for the prevention, evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation of injuries to physically active individuals.
- In the fitness domain, the ATC participates in marketing, educational programs, the development of individual fitness programs, conducts various fitness testing and evaluations, as well as oversees and coordinates the personal trainer and fitness attendants.
Education, Training and Experience Required
- Graduate from an approved NATA Athletic Training program from an accredited college or university.
- Must achieve 9.0 CEUs (90 hours) per three year reporting period.
- Approved certification from NATA-BOC.
- BLS Certification.