Summary of Essential Functions
- Serves as a community liaison between physicians, coaches, parents and players to ensure the most effective treatment for the patient.
- Assists with the marketing of the sports medicine program and participate in community awareness activities to promote the services of the center.
- Provides professional Athletic training in the sports medicine program and physical therapy services under supervision for clinic patients.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be a graduate of a college or university.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
Licenses and Certifications
- Must possess a current, unencumbered license to practice as a Licensed Athletic Trainer in the state of Texas.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with patients, parents, physicians, and personnel.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must be knowledgeable of musculoskeletal disorders.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult situations.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with patients, physicians, and clinic personnel.
- Must be able to drive and maintain a safe driving record.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the Sports Medicine Saturday Clinics during Football Season.
- Acts as a liaison between physicians and coaches/parents/players.
- Honors commitments in covering sporting events to include weekends and/or Saturday morning sports clinic as well as a summer condition camp.
- Always keeps accurate, up-to-date records of Sports Medicine patient attendance, surgeries, radiology, and other therapeutic procedures.
- Demonstrates good judgment by showing an appreciation of cost factors involved in providing a sports medicine program and rehabilitation as a clinic service.
- Knowledgeable in functional therapeutic aspects of sports injury.
- Provides specific treatment strategies and interventions in accordance with the patient's individualized treatment plan under the supervision of the attending Physical Therapist.
- Ensures access to and timeliness of treatment.
- Demonstrates tact and respect when addressing patient/parents, physicians, and other personnel.
- Maintains cooperative working relationships with others. Respond to requests from other departments in a timely, positive, and pleasant manner. Offers assistance to co-workers as the need arises.
- Provides marketing support and assists with testing in the Worksteps Program.
- Performs all other tasks/responsibilities as necessary.
Weekend and/or Holiday Rotation may be required.
Rotating Shifts may be required.
United Regional - 16 months ago
Head Coach, Soccer
Midwestern State University
Wichita Falls, TX
Midwestern State University
- 1 day ago