The purpose of this position is to provide athletic training services for the intercollegiate athletic program, including coverage of the athletic training room, practices, along with home and away events. The employee will also act as a preceptor for students enrolled in the Athletic Training Program (ATP) as assigned by the athletic training faculty.
• Bachelor's Degree in Athletic Training or related field
• Minimum of 1 year experience as a Certified Athletic Trainer at the clinic, high school or collegiate level
• BOC certification and/or eligible for registration in the State of Minnesota
• Able to obtain certification as a Preceptor for the Athletic Training Program.
• Master's degree in athletic training
• Minimum of 1 year of successful experience as a certified athletic trainer in providing athletic training services in a clinic, high school or university setting
• Knowledgeable in the prevention, evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation of athletic injuries
• Familiar with FERPA and Minnesota Data Practices Act
• Supervision experience
• Knowledge of and interest in diverse cultures and populations
The applicant should demonstrate a knowledge of and interest in diverse cultures and populations.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled; Review begins August 1, 2014
APPLICATION MATERIALS: In addition to completing the online application, please attach the following to your application: 1) A cover letter addressing how you meet the responsibilities and qualifications; 2) Resume/CV; 3) Transcripts (undergraduate and graduate); and 4) a list of at least 3 references, with addresses and telephone numbers.
If you have questions regarding your application, please contact Lori Mikl, Director of Affirmative Action/Equity & Legal Affairs, Winona State University at firstname.lastname@example.org or (507) 457-2766.
APPOINTMENT DATE: As Soon As Possible
SALARY: Commensurate w/ Experience
TYPE OF APPOINTMENT: Probationary ; ASF, Range B
POSITION AVAILABLE PENDING BUDGETARY APPROVAL
NOTE: Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement between the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Board of Trustees and Minnesota State University Association of Administrative and Service Faculty (MSUAASF) which can be found at: http://www.hr.mnscu.edu/contract_plans/index.html
1) In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business, whether using a personal, rental or state vehicle, shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
2) Persons writing letters of reference should be advised of Minnesota's open record law which can make such letters available to applicants upon request.
A member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System. An equal opportunity educator and employer. Women, minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Winona State University - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard