TEAM Enterprises, an industry leading experiential marketing firm, is looking for a full time seasonal Market Lead in Atlanta, GA who will be dedicated to the Sparkling ICE brand from Memorial Day through Labor Day (12 weeks of activation). Event Activation will include management of Sponsored Events and a complete Guerrilla Sampling Program.
This position will serve as the Sparkling ICE Team Lead within their market and will report to their TEAM Division Manager. As the Local Market Lead, the employee will be expected to manage multiple tasks, often times simultaneously. This position will interface with multiple parties from both the client and the agency, specifically:
· TEAM Lead Account Director – Ultimate responsibility for the successful execution of the program
· TEAM Account Coordinator – Supports the Lead Account Director
· TEAM Division (or Regional) Manager – Local market manager from TEAM, responsible for proving qualified staff, assisting with training & management
· Sparkling Ice Event Manager – Lead Client
· Sparkling Ice Local Market Manger – Local Client
The candidate must possess a strong knowledge of the local market, special events and high traffic sampling locations. Also required is a strong working knowledge of event/venue (experiential) marketing and management of a Promotional Team combined with an engaging and outgoing personality. The individual must be forward-thinking in order to eliminate any hurdles that may create a negative consumer/brand interaction
Strength in communication across multiple channels (mobile, voice and electronic) is a requirement as the individual will be expected to assist in coordinating and trafficking program schedules, documents and assets for the successful execution of client programming.
The individual will be required to attend any necessary brand training and become an expert on all aspects of the Sparkling ICE Brand. It is also expected the individual will read and commit to memory all critical brand elements required to reinforce his/her position as a Sparkling ICE Local Market Lead.
In terms of expectations for general event/venue marketing programs, the individual will:
· Execute a Guerrilla Sampling Program within their market, which includes scheduling, logistics and planning (up to 3 days of guerrilla shifts per week)
· Recruit, hire and train a dedicated Sparkling ICE promotional team who are knowledgeable on all aspects of Sparkling ICE and event standards.
· Motivate promotional staff to display great attitudes and leave a positive brand impression on the consumer.
· Provide insight on local market events and activities
· Manage a local warehouse for the secure storage of local assets and product
· Drive and Manage a Cargo Van dedicated to the program in each market
· Ability to handle manual labor and event set up
· Need to manage and execute all aspects of the local market activation plan (as communicated by the Lead Program Director). Sponsored Events will typically be conducted over the course of weekends (Fri-Sun) at major fairs and festivals in the local market. This includes tasks such as:
o Partnering with the event/venue management company to make sure expectations and logistical plans are aligned
o Management of all set-up and break-down aspects of an event
o As required, hire staff and seek our resources to transport, construct and implement assets utilized at each event
o Ensuring the proper handling and serving of Sparking ICE Product; sampling is key to this program, so the product must ALWAYS be presented in the best possible manner
o Supervision of Promotional Specialists on-site during the course of an event
o Engage with consumers in a courteous, enthusiastic, professional manner
o Submit Event Recaps and Key Learnings for each event
o Manage and input all payroll activity on an ongoing basis.
· Event Responsibilities:
o Serve as key contact for all in market event execution
o Manage all aspects of event logistic, including set up and break down of assets
o Provide onsite program supervision
o Train and manage a team of dedicated promotional staff
o Manage/schedule local market execution team
· Be required to understand the program goals and manage appropriately to ensure that goals (such as number of attendees sampled) is delivered.
· Need to manage and be responsible for an iPad dedicated to this program, and train the Promotional Specialists on the proper use of this execution tool. In addition, this tool is to be used for all event reporting (both the pre-event set up and the post-event evaluation)
· Practice and ensure compliance with all of the organization’s policies and procedures.
· Goal-oriented focus against tasks; ensuring objectives are met with quality and timeliness.
· Demonstrate problem-solving abilities when issues arise and need to be resolved. Must be a “forward-thinker” and be quick on their feet to anticipate and react to potential issues.
· Exhibit initiative and the ability to work independently as well as within a team environment with multiple departments. Must be able to communicate effectively across departments.
· Either a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Communications or a strong track record of experience with Event Marketing/Experiential Programs & Agencies.
· 1-2 years of agency experience is preferred; however prior event marketing spokes model or ambassador positions/experience would provide insight to the position’s requirements.
· Strong knowledge of working with electronic forms of communication and mobile devices
(cell phone, iPad, etc). Combined with a general knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite,
Google docs and other Web-based tools.
· Possess strong people and interpersonal skills to build effective relationships with all levels of
personnel (internal & external).
· Ability to maintain a flexible schedule. Position requires the bulk of hours to be executed during weekends and major holidays.
· Always deliver against TEAMs Leadership Principles: Trustworthy, Smarts, Passion to Win &
Does what it takes.
Goals / Bonus Potential
Salary is a fixed payment for the 12 week activation time period; however bonuses will be paid at the discretion of TEAM’s Group Account Director on the occasion the individual exceeds expectations of performance, exceeds sampling goals and KPIS and conducts tasks leading to the growth in awareness of the Sparkling Ice brand.
This position is an immediate vacancy and we are looking to have the individual start by April 2014 and be appropriately trained. An early training date will be scheduled, prior to the start date. TEAM will communicate details once they are secured.
Based in Fort Lauderdale, TEAM Enterprises, an MDC Partners company (MDCA), is one of the nation’s largest and most successful experiential agencies, with a network of over 400 full-time employees and 7,000+ event specialists. The firm represents many blue-chip brands and produces immersive, interactive brand experiences that physically engage and influence consumers where they live, work and play. For over 20 years TEAM has been impacting consumer behavior through tactics including experiential programming, special events, brand evangelists, sampling, street teams, brand and product launches, vehicle tours and more. For more information visit www.teamenterprises.com and Facebook.com/TEAMenterprises and on Twitter @TEAMenterprises
TEAM Enterprises - 6 months ago