Virtustream is a leading provider of cloud and virtualization advisory services. Our Cloud Advisory Service is designed to equip CEOs, CIO, and CFOs to make data-driven, experience-based decisions to realize the cost savings, business agility, and performance improvements of these critical technologies and services. We have proprietary toolsets including the Virtustream Advisor®, battle-tested methodologies, proven analysis frameworks, and market-leading experience to assist customers with a transition to a cloud/virtualized environment.
Senior Solution Architect–CAS is an accomplished solution architect of virtualization and cloud services, leading strategic consulting with C-Level executives on business transformation and cost optimization derived from virtualization technologies and cloud services. The Senior Solution Architect is responsible for building and maintaining “trusted advisor” relationships with senior client personnel within both business and IT organizations. The Senior Solution Architect designs and delivers IT transformation and business transformation programs exploiting the potential of Cloud Computing and other related technologies.
In addition, the Senior Solution Architect has an outward-facing role at Virtustream, to participate in public dialogue about the rapidly changing landscape around virtualization and cloud, through blogs, white papers, articles, conference participation, and other thought leadership activities.
Senior SAs must have senior level certifications from any of the leading vendors, such as Red Hat, VMware, Microsoft, Cisco, or EMC, with current consulting experience for Fortune 500 enterprises. The successful candidate will have proven experience in leading the sale and delivery of advisory consulting services, development of business cases, design of solution architectures, and multi-phased, complex migration programs that address technology, people/organization, and process change. In addition, a successful candidate must be able to understand complex IT and business problems and apply technology and product portfolio knowledge to solve customer problems in a consultative manner and articulate the advantages of infrastructure optimization and technology solutions as well as explain the competitive advantage and ROI achieved through various alternatives.
Essential Job Functions
• Sell and deliver high-impact business transformation programs through the use of Cloud Computing and other related technologies
• Design solution architectures and develop migration roadmaps for private, public, and hybrid cloud, involving leading virtualization technologies
• Direct solution design and implementation experience with Red Hat and/or VMware required; experience in heterogeneous environments preferred
• Develop business case, including ROI and TCO analysis
• Lead client engagements with a support team of strategists and analysis
• Identify opportunities for engagement expansion within existing accounts
• Engage in pre-sales architecture and business process evaluations, for qualification and sales support of Virtustream services
• Manage complex change programs involving client, Virtustream and other vendor personnel
• Maintain a public-facing thought leadership presence, actively contributing to the public dialogue about virtualization and cloud services
QUALIFICATIONS - KNOWLEDGE - SKILLS:
VDI – 4+ years (Citrix, RDS)
Virtualization – 3+ years VMware/vCenter
Storage – 3+ years NetApp
OS – 4+ years (Linux, Windows)
SAP – 2+years (BASIS and or Functional)
Database – 3 years (Oracle, SQL, Mysql)
Skills and Competencies:
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
Ability to work independently and manage one’s time
Ability to identify, interpret and evaluate system and network requirements
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve software and other system problems
Document customers systems and environment
Monitor system performance to determine whether adjustments need to be made
Perform other duties as assigned
24x7 on call rotation