Duties & Responsibilities:
(Essential Functions of Position, Major Responsibilities, Summary of Key Duties, Special Assignments, Relationships)
Salary: will be determined based on experience and education (minimum $16.04/hr)
190 days/school year (181 work days + 8 paid holidays -- (prorated for remainder of 2013-14 school year)
- Promotes good public relations between the school and parents of students.
- Maintains records of school-based student contacts, home contacts with parents/students and up to date files on all cases.
- Aids in locating school age youths not registered in school.
- Assists in the development of dropout prevention strategies and programs in collaboration with other district staff, parents and outside agencies.
- Maintains confidentiality concerning the student/family with all persons other than authorized persons or agencies.
- Monitors student attendance daily/weekly through phone calls, home visits, classroom visits.
- Arranges necessary transportation for students short and long term-willing to transport in personal vehicle.
- Communicates status of caseload to building administration on a regular, pre-determined basis.
- Conferences with parents and students to seek solutions to absenteeism and restore regular attendance.
- Utilizes technology to develop, maintain, analyze student data and generate required reports.
- Successful candidate must possess strong inter-personal skills with a proven record of building rapport with culturally diverse students to ensure each child reaches his/her full potential.
- Good attendance and punctuality are a must to ensure that the duties and responsibilities of the job are performed successfully.
Physical Requirements of Position: (HBV
- Must be able to lift/push/pull 50 lbs.
Special Qualification Desired:
(Personal Qualities, Education, Skills Needed, Experience, Etc.)
- BA in education, social work or related work preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport with diverse student and families
- Dependable transportation is a MUST
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in technology skills necessary to complete job duties
- Ability to maintain self-control and de-escalate confrontational situations
- Excellent management skills