The Attendance Coordinator ensures that all students are maintaining strong and consistent attendance and punctuality. This is a part-time position working less than 30 hours per week.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that school goals related to attendance, truancy and lateness are met or exceeded;
- Maintaining all data systems related to attendance, truancy and lateness;
- Maintaining daily parent communication in response to absences and lateness;
- Implementing a “whatever it takes” approach to preventing and addressing truancy including but not limited to: Parent outreach efforts including phone calls, letters and home visits;
- Collaborating with other Mastery staff to develop successful action plans.
Education and Experience:
- Willingness and interest in working with a diverse population including visiting homes and working with families
- Results-oriented individual
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Basic computer skills including MS Office
Physical Requirements: Ability to physically perform the duties required and to work in the environmental conditions required such as driving/traveling to homes of families; must be able to sit for up to two (2) hours looking at a computer monitor, using a keyboard and mouse and typing. Must be able to use a phone.
- High School Diploma required; Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience working in an urban education setting
- At least two (2) years of office/clerical experience
Other Requirements: Valid Driver’s License required with access to a vehicle for travel when needed, preferred.
Mastery Charter Schools - 19 months ago
Mastery is a growing non-profit charter school network recognized nationally for our work in school turnarounds and dramatic student...