Chubb is seeking a New York admitted Attorney for its downtown New York City House Counsel litigation firm.
The candidate should have 3-5 years of successful experience in New York personal injury litigation, negligence and contract law. The individual must have excellent oral and written communication abilities, and the judgment, maturity and interpersonal skills to work effectively as a member of a team in a collegial environment. This attorney will be responsible for litigating and reporting to claim examiners and clients on a caseload of 75-80 lawsuits in state and federal courts. Specific duties will include: trial work; conducting and defending depositions, pre-trial discovery; drafting pleadings; engaging in motion practice; researching, briefing, and arguing appellate matters; appearing in administrative agency matters; negotiating settlements. Timely and substantive reports and evaluations must be generated on assigned cases. Candidate should be capable of using common word processing software, e-mail applications, and on- line legal research application such as Westlaw
The successful candidate should have a solid insurance defense background, and:
• be admitted in good standing in New York state courts
• be able to successfully litigate the following issues: premises liability, construction accident liability, motor vehicle liability, product liability, contractual indemnity and medical damages.
• have strong knowledge of Federal and New York State procedural and substantive law.
• have effective oral and written advocacy skills and negotiation tactics.
• have an ability to apply analytical skills in addressing complex legal issues.
• be able to effectively and proactively communicate with clients, Claim Department customers and other members of House Counsel.