- Individual will draft rule filings to the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), draft regulatory and information circulars, communicate with CFTC staff, and provide other legal support for CBOE Futures Exchange (CFE). Drafting rule filings includes working in coordination with CFE staff to draft the rule and preparing a filing to explain the purpose and basis for the rule.
- Individual will draft rule filings and other submissions to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and communicate with SEC staff in relation to security futures traded by CFE which are dually regulated by the CFTC and SEC.
- Individual will oversee and administer the Exchange arbitration process.
- Individual will provide legal support concerning matters related to Trading Permit Holder registration with the Exchange.
- Individual will assist in providing legal support relating to governance and regulatory oversight matters and to Board committees that address these matters.
- Individual will assist in providing legal support for functions relating to compliance with the obligations and requirements applicable to exchanges and self-regulatory organizations.
- Individual will coordinate the handling of litigation matters and oversee the work of outside counsel on those matters.
- Individual will assist in responding to information requests from regulators, subpoenas received from third parties, claims in 3rd party bankruptcy proceedings, and wage deduction orders.
- Individual will act as legal counsel for trading officials, represent the Exchange at internal Appeals Committee hearings, and act as legal counsel for trading crowd space dispute hearings.
- Individual will draft rule filings to the SEC for Chicago Board Options Exchange CBOE and C2 Options Exchange (C2) and communicate with staff of the SEC.
- Individual will also work on legal issues related to securities and futures trading and may work on general corporate legal matters.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience within a Legal environment working with securities, futures, litigation, and/or corporate matters is preferred.
- Experience in drafting exchange rule filings, in addressing exchange registration and statutory disqualification matters, and with exchange arbitration processes is preferred.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Candidates should also be self-motivated and able to complete projects working independently and in team settings.
- Previous employment at the SEC, the CFTC, or a securities or futures exchange is desirable.
- Litigation experience and working knowledge of the derivatives and broader financial markets are a plus.
- General understanding of civil procedures.
- Law Degree (J.D.) and license to practice law in Illinois are required