Job Duties & Responsibilities
The Dallas Staff Counsel office of GEICO is seeking an attorney. Experience in insurance defense litigation is required. The candidate must be licensed in Texas, in good standing with the State Bar of Texas with and have 3 - 7 years experience. References are required.
* Conduct and/or defend Depositions and take Examinations Under Oath
* Prepare legal briefs, opinions, and memoranda
* Prepare pleadings, motions and answer/propound discovery as required
* Defend by trial or pre-trial proceedings, GEICO or GEICO insureds
* Report on a timely basis to GEICO Claims Department
* Manage a caseload of litigated files involving motor vehicle accidents
* Juris Doctorate Degree
* Minimum 3 - 7 years experience in insurance defense litigation
* Licensed in Texas
* In good standing with the State Bar
* Excellent computer skills
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
Driving your career. Insuring your future.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
* 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
* Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
* Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
* Tuition reimbursement
* Associate assistance program
* Flexible spending accounts
* Business casual dress
* Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
* Associate clubs and sports teams
* Volunteer opportunities
* GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. Background and credit checks, hair or urine drug testing, and health assessments are required as part of our pre-employment process.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing...