Job Duties & Responsibilities
GEICO seeks an insurance defense Attorney with 0-2 years of experience for its Hackensack, NJ Staff Counsel Office, which defends GEICO insureds in auto defense litigation including first and third party personal injury claims throughout northern New Jersey. Applicant must be a licensed New Jersey attorney. Jury trial experience preferred.
As a GEICO Attorney, you will:
- Handle and manage litigation files from inception through trial.
- Prepare motions and memorandums of law.
- Prepare pleadings, discovery, demands and responses.
- Draft reports and provide file analysis.
- Electronic reporting of all legal file activity is required
PC experience - Phone Experience - Public Contact - Standing
How To Apply
Please click Apply Now to complete your application; you will need an active E-mail address and phone number. Additionally, we request that you enter any work experience that you've had within at least the past five years. Please attach an up to date resume as well as 3 professional references. Once you begin your application you can save it if you need to access it later.
Driving your career. Insuring your future.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. Background and credit checks, hair or urine drug testing, and health assessments are required as part of our pre-employment process.
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing...