McKinstry's success isn't a matter of fate or luck. It's the natural consequence of our commitment to innovation...how we support our employees...the unique truly integrated way we deliver...the long-term relationships we forge with our clients...and our unwavering commitment to creating buildings that are good to their owners, occupants, and the environment. Innovation runs on ideas, which can come from anywhere. Projects at McKinstry are not owned by individuals or departments, but by all of us, which is why it's common to see new employees from one discipline collaborating with 30-year veterans from another.
Established in 1960, McKinstry is a full-service design, build, operate and maintain (DBOM) firm with over 1,600 employees. McKinstry"s professional staff and trades people deliver consulting, construction, energy, and facility services. As an early adopter of the DBOM process, the company advocates collaborative and sustainable solutions that are designed to ensure occupant comfort, improve systems efficiency, reduce facility operational costs, and ultimately optimize client profitability for the life of their building. While we are well known for our expertise in design build delivery, our full service offerings of mechanical, electrical, data and plumbing have been the hallmark of our success.
We are currently seeking an Attorney to join the team as a member of our growing McKinstry. This person will be responsible for:
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Review prime contracts and subcontracts for complex construction offerings in multiple states, identify key risks, interface with business unit leaders, negotiate, and revise contracts, in accordance with company risk management policies and materials.
- Create, revise, and maintain contract templates, checklists, policies, and procedures.
- Communicate contracts risk management policies and procedures to business unit leaders.
- Generally support internal contracts group, ranging from contracts content, to contracts processing.
- Perform other services related to tracking and managing document production responses, garnishment responses, insurance issues, and other matters from time to time.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Proven ability to review legal provisions in construction contracts and identify key issues.
- Proven ability to write precise, focused, and appropriately nuanced contract language.
- Strong understanding of construction industry terminology.
- Understanding of the commercial construction industry generally.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of audiences, including engineers, architects, salespeople, trades-people, and executives.
- Must be results-oriented, be proactive, have a "Type-A" personality, and have a "whatever it takes" attitude.
- Strong interest in, and ability to, pay attention to small details.
- Must be comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
- Must be comfortable taking specific independent action in response to broad, objective-based direction.
- Must have very strong organizational and time management skills
- Must have strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience using construction management software, or enterprise resource planning systems generally, is a plus
- License to practice law in Washington will be required
- Three years of substantive experience as a transactional attorney in a law firm or in-house environment, preferably with substantive experience in construction or related industries.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
- Working conditions will be office based, working at a desk
- Occasional overnight travel
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
McKinstry - 23 months ago
For over five decades, McKinstry has been creating and maintaining buildings that keep tenants comfortable and bottom lines healthy. And...