s Legal and Corporate Affairs department is looking for a dynamic, highly motivated attorney to join our Microsoft Devices Group legal team. This attorney will help provide front-line legal support for a variety of Microsoft’s hardware devices. In particular, this attorney will focus on supporting the development and release of a variety of cutting-edge new devices. This position will directly support hardware engineering teams, and will collaborate closely with software engineering teams, compliance teams, operations, supply chain and support teams, services support teams, and marketing teams responsible for the overall go-to-market strategy for new hardware offerings.
Primary responsibilities will include:
• Counseling and advising clients on a wide variety of complex and developing legal and business issues regarding the development of hardware products;
• Collaborating with legal department colleagues and policy specialists on a variety of legal and regulatory issues, with an emphasis on intellectual property protection, safety, security, and regulatory compliance;
• Structuring, drafting and negotiating transactional documents relating to the sourcing and development of hardware products.
We are looking for an experienced attorney who meets the following requirements:
• JD or license to practice law in the US
• 5+ years as a practicing commercial attorney
• Outstanding communication and collaboration skills
• Desire to work with diverse internal groups, teams, divisions, and cultures
• In-house experience at a large company is preferred
• Background in supporting hardware engineering and patent counseling is preferred
We are looking for an attorney with the following additional skills:
• Keen business sense, ability to think strategically, and desire to establish a trusted advisor relationship with business clients
• Flexible and analytical thinker able to quickly and accurately identify legal issues in a complex environment and to develop solutions by exercising confident judgment in ambiguous situations
• Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, meet demanding deadlines in a fast-paced environment, prioritize workflow and adjust to frequent workload fluctuations
• Strong results orientation and customer focus
• Desire and ability to work as part of a team
The above description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Microsoft - 30+ days ago
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's...