- Largest CRO in the world with over 27,000 employees globally.
- Ranked 6th in InformationWeek 500 Computerworld Magazine’s “100 Best Places to Work in IT"
- Ranked 25th in the inaugural World’s Best Multinational Workplaces list from the Great Place to Work Institute.
- Outcome is the late phase and observational study division of Quintiles. We doubled in size last year
- Excellent benefits program including everything from discounts on health club memberships to up to excellent 401k match.
- Located in RTP, NC. No relocation
Provide legal advice and services to support the organization’
s business, with a focus on contract law. May also perform services in one or more of the following areas: intellectual property, employment law, commercial law, regulatory or compliance. May coordinate legal matters handled by outside counsel.
The responsibilities of the role will include some or all of the following:
- Review, draft and negotiate a broad range of commercial contracts. Ensure that contracts are in compliance with legal, regulatory and organization policies. Monitor the contract process to assure compliance with the organization's contractual guidelines, satisfaction of customers/vendors, including participation in pre-contract discussions, contract negotiations and contract changes.
- Advise the organization on legal issues concerning intellectual property, real estate, or privacy matters.
- Participate in the development of departmental procedures to improve the timely completion of contract deliverables.
- May provide legal advice regarding employment law. Liaise with Human Resources on all issues of the law related to the organization's human capital. Monitor legal issues and implications regarding discrimination, sexual harassment, health and safety, hiring and firing, as well as all other aspects of employee rights and responsibilities.
- May examine legal data to determine advisability of defending or prosecuting a lawsuit. Study statutes, decisions and ordinances to determine appropriate plan of action. Prepare files and take cases to trial if out-of-court settlements cannot be reached or coordinate such legal matters handled by outside counsel. Assess impact of case outcomes and initiate steps to implement any resultant changes.
- Track work and obtain appropriate reviews and approvals, adhering to established processes.
- Ensure delivery of a final contract in a timely fashion, working independently or as part of a team.
- Attend and participate in team meetings.
- Perform other duties as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong organizational, planning, project management, communication, presentation and influence skills.
- Strong business acumen
- Solid understanding of the government regulations that effect the operation of the organization
- Solid understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and/or drug development process
- Solid understanding of drug discovery and development
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated sound decision-making skills
- Excellent skills using MS Office Suite: MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
Bachelor's degree and JD with 3-5 years related experience, including experience in corporate law; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech
- Occasional travel
- Frequent long, varied hours
- Regular sitting for extended periods of time
USA-North Carolina-Research Triangle Park
USA02 - US Clinical Development Svcs
Quintiles Transnational - 13 months ago
Quintiles Transnational has plenty to CRO about. One of the world's top contract research organizations (CROs), it...