In this role, the individual will be a member of Siemens global Audiology Group’s Legal & Compliance team, reporting to the Vice President and Senior Legal Counsel of Siemens Hearing Instruments, Inc., based in Piscataway, NJ. Responsibilities will include general commercial, legal and compliance matters, focusing on M&A transactions of hearing aid manufacturer, and the company’s distributor Audiology Distribution d/b/a HearUSA (recently acquired by Siemens Hearing Instruments in 2011).
• Prepare and negotiate general commercial documents to meet day-to-day business and legal requirements, including a large portfolio of retail site leases, NDA, procurement, sales, distribution, and loan agreements.
• Draft, review, and negotiate the full spectrum of acquisition related documents including NDA, LOI, APA, assignment and assumption and non-compete agreements, based primarily on Siemens forms. Transactions focus primarily on a very active pipeline of retail hearing aid clinic acquisitions, with deals ranging from $500,000 to $2,000,000.
• Manage internal M&A process - includes preparing various documents for investment committee review; collaborating with tax, IP, sales & marketing, finance, HR and other departments to analyze legal risks as well as business and legal contractual terms.
• Manage post-transaction related issues, including integration issues such as compliance and regulatory filings and license transfer issues, as well as provide ongoing counseling on various corporate policies, initiatives and/or programs.
• Assist in the management of contract documentation flow, approvals and reporting consistent with internal processes.
• Proven ability to independently lead and execute all facets of transactional engagements—from preliminary/conceptual advice, through structuring, due diligence, negotiating, drafting, closing, integration and post-closing conflict resolution; preferably in a medical device or pharmaceutical context
• Highly polished and effective negotiation, communication and drafting skills, including those suitable for interaction with very senior managers and executives
• Facility with key elements of Anti-Trust, federal and state Anti-Kickback Statutes, and general healthcare related fraud and abuse laws preferred.
• Skilled in working collaboratively as a key player on multiple teams simultaneously and coordinating with multi-jurisdictional and multi-cultural transaction partners
• Proven ability to initiate and follow-up actions with minimal supervision
• Willingness and ability to travel approx. 5 – 10 days per month to headquarters located in Piscataway, NJ.
• JD required and admitted to practice law in Florida and/or New Jersey or qualified to obtain a NJ In-House Counsel limited license.
• 5-10 years of successful and relevant commercial leasing and M&A experience in the healthcare field (ideally with a medical device or pharma company).
• Expert skills in partnering with internal business leaders and advising on complex matters.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
• Ability to manage multiple priorities with tight deadlines
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work with constantly changing priorities
• Team player who can also work independently and thrives on a fast-paced environment
• Strong integrity and business ethics
Siemens - 2 years ago
Siemens AG (Siemens) is engaged in electronics and electrical engineering. During the fiscal year ended September 30, 2008 (fiscal 2008),...