WHAT ARE THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION?
- Handles litigation and other legal assignments in accordance with guidelines established by the State Farm Corporate Law Department
- Handles routine motions, arbitrations, bench trials, and basic jury trials Promotes the ethical and professional practice of law while interacting with State Farm associates, clients, litigants, members of the bar, members of the judiciary and their staff and others while engaged in the practice of law on behalf of clients and State Farm Insurance.
WHAT KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS ARE NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION?
L.L.B./J.D., preferably from an A.B.A. Accredited Law School, and in the top half of graduating class
An active member in good standing of Bar in state of operation
ITEMS OF NOTE
- Must successfully complete orientation and training program as designated by the Managing Attorney or the Corporate Law Department
- Other than authorized and pro bono work, incumbents are not permitted to handle any legal business outside of the Company and candidates must cease all outside practice and all suit involvement before joining State Farm
- May work irregular hours because of workload and nature of the work
House Counsel for State Farm Insurance Companies is seeking an attorney for our Riverside office. We provide a congenial work environment with a manageable case load, skilled support staff, and no billable hour requirement. Successful candidates will have 0 to 5 years insurance defense litigation experience. Some jury trial experience is desirable. Must possess excellent writing skills and solid academic credentials, preferably from an ABA accredited law school, and be licensed to practice in California. Competitive salary and exceptional benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401k and a retirement plan. Please send your resume with salary requirements to www.statefarm.com/careers.
BENEFITS: TOTAL REWARDS
Our Total Rewards benefits package includes:
You may also be eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, Vision, 401(k) Plan (Savings & Thrift in Canada), Credit Union, a fully funded retirement pension plan, and more.
To search for more information on careers in the U.S., visit statefarm.com/careers. To search for more information on careers in Canada, visit statefarm.ca/careers.
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual merit reviews
- Annual bonus potential
State Farm Insurance is an equal opportunity employer
State Farm® is the largest auto insurer in the U.S. since 1942. About one of every five cars on the road is insured with State Farm....