WHAT ARE THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION?
- Handles litigation and other legal assignments in accordance with guidelines established by the State Farm Corporate Law Department
- Handles routine motions, arbitrations, bench trials, and basic jury trials Promotes the ethical and professional practice of law while interacting with State Farm associates, clients, litigants, members of the bar, members of the judiciary and their staff and others while engaged in the practice of law on behalf of clients and State Farm Insurance
WHAT KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS ARE NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION?
L.L.B./J.D., preferably from an A.B.A. Accredited Law School, and in the top half of graduating class
An active member in good standing of Bar in state of operation
ITEMS OF NOTE
- Must successfully complete orientation and training program as designated by the Managing Attorney or the Corporate Law Department
- Other than authorized and pro bono work, incumbents are not permitted to handle any legal business outside of the Company and candidates must cease all outside practice and all suit involvement before joining State Farm
- May work irregular hours because of workload and nature of the work
*Candidates must have at least 3 years of insurance defense experience and be licensed to practice law (in good standing) in Michigan
BENEFITS: TOTAL REWARDS
Our Total Rewards benefits package includes:
You may also be eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, Vision, 401(k) Plan (Savings & Thrift in Canada), Credit Union, a fully funded retirement pension plan, and more.
For more information about our company, careers and Total Rewards, visit www.statefarm.com/careers ( www.statefarm.ca/careers in Canada). You can also learn more about what to expect from our employment process - US or Canada.
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual merit reviews
- Annual bonus potential
State Farm Insurance is an equal opportunity employer
State Farm - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company® is the largest auto insurer in the U.S. since 1942. About one of every five cars on the...