Share our pride. Join our mission.
As a Fortune 200 financial services company with more than $113.5 billion in owned and managed assets, USAA is on a mission - to facilitate the financial security of our members, the men and women of the U.S. military and their families worldwide. Headquartered on a showcase campus in San Antonio, TX, USAA attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our 22,000 employees. They are the heart and soul of our member-service culture.
Recently Ranked #2 by Business Week in Customer Service , we are recognized for the superior service we provide to our members, and the exemplary work environment we provide for our employees. Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity. These are the foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how we treat each other.
We are currently seeking talented Attorney for our San Antonio, TX facility.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Provides legal advice and services of a moderately complex to complex nature to various internal clients.
- Applies detailed knowledge regarding relevant business, industry, and area of legal specialty.
- Handles a variety of moderately complex to complex legal assignments and projects.
- Conducts legal research and provides legal services. May assist more senior attorneys in highly complex legal services.
- Provides practical problem-solving on moderately complex to complex legal issues for various internal clients.
- Handles moderately complex to complex negotiations, drafting, and document creation.
- JD from an accredited law school.
- 3 or more years legal experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools and applicable software.
- In good standing with State Bar Association.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
- An understanding of insurance claims handling practices.
- Experience in analyzing claim files for auto, property, or other first party claims.
- 5 or more years significant litigation experience directly handling complex litigation to include class actions, either as in-house counsel or as a member of a law firm, in the following areas: (a) insurance bad faith claims involving first party medical claims (PIP and Medical Payment coverage), uninsured and underinsured motorist claims, third party bodily injury claims, first and third party property claims; and (b) commercial litigation involving banking matters, securities, life insurance products, sales practices, and marketing issues.
- Experience with a financial services organization.
- Excellent proficiency with rules of civil procedure and evidence, e-discovery, and document retention issues.
- Experience trying cases.
- Proficiency in computer systems and software such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including business casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Percentage of Travel:
Less than 25%
8:00am - 5:00pm
USAA - 14 months ago
****Addison Financial Advisor Mix and Mingle Event****
USAA hiring managers are hosting an exclusive Meet and Mingle for financial...