Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers Settlements team in our head office in Lincoln, NE has an immediate opening for a
full-time Auction Settlements Associate.
What we offer:
Our success is built on the drive, initiative and dedication of our people. As we continue to grow around the globe, there are endless opportunities to advance your career – we’ve proven this throughout our 50+years in business. And, we’ll help you achieve your own professional goals. Here’s how:
- Base salary + paid overtime and comprehensive benefits.
- 401(K) and an Employee Share Plan, both with company match.
- Ongoing training, professional development and tuition reimbursement.
Reporting to the Settlements Supervisor in the Accounting Department, you play an integral role in ensuring that customers receive timely and accurate settlement payments. In this role you will:
- Prepare auction settlements statements for customers in a high volume busy environment.
- Work with the lien search department to calculate final customer payments.
- Ensure customers receive accurate settlement payments within 21 days of the auction.
- Answer all customer and auction sale site inquiries.
- Process cheque runs, electronic funds transfers and wire payments to consignors and lien holders in a timely manner.
- Reconcile settlement statements to the general ledger prior to mail-out and month end.
- Produce follow-up reports such as post-sale checklists and delayed sale file lists to sale sites.
- Liaise with accounts receivable department to continually monitor post-sale changes and corrections such as price adjustments, deductions, holdbacks, collapses, and bill for deficiencies.
- Liaise with fixed asset and procurement department to maintain current book values.
Here's what you'll bring:
- Some accounting and reconciliation experience is required for this role.
- Proficient with using applications such as Excel, Word and Lotus Notes or a similar email system.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects effectively, to prioritize a high volume of work, and to meet strict deadlines.
- Keen eye for detail – you’ll provide precise facts and figures and produce accurate work.
- Fluency in another language is an asset, but not required.
- Excellent communication skills – you’ll be communicating with customers and sale site staff regularly, in person and over the phone.
- You place a high value on customer service.
- Organized, organized, organized!
- A strong work ethic, without sacrificing your ability to have fun on the job.
Please note in this role you will required to:
- Work occasional overtime.
Office/Auction Site Location
Permanent Full Time
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers began as a family business in Kelowna, Canada. Three brothers -- Dave, Ken and John -- conducted their first...