AOL's Business, Technology and Entertainment Group includes some of the Internet's most trusted and best-known brands. In technology, we bring audiences the most important news from Silicon Valley and beyond with our powerhouse brands, Engadget and TechCrunch . We entertain audiences with Moviefone , the No. 3 movie site on the Internet, and our group of music blogs--including country music's No. 1 blog, The Boot and the authority on heavy metal, Noisecreep , under the banner of Aol Music . We are the authority on business news at DailyFinance , as well as leaders in job and real estate news, information and listings. AOL Autos is the clear leader in automotive search and news and Autoblog is the site for car enthusiasts. Every day, we deliver news and information to millions of consumers and help them make decisions on everything from the cars they buy to the movies they watch.
The Group’s Editorial Director is looking for an intern who is eager to work across all the group’s brands. In this role, you will work directly with the editorial director on cross-channel projects to grow audience, as well interact with editorial teams on a daily basis. You’ll be exposed to the newest ideas in social media, search engine optimization and migrating our journalism to mobile devices such as smart phones and tablets.
Responsibilities may include:
- Work directly with the Editorial Director on varying projects
- Coordinating audience development projects and initiatives across all sites
- Assisting specific brands with seasonal projects such as live blogging for special events or assisting with the live artist recording program Sessions (AOL Music)
- Act as the Liaison between Editorial & Audience Development Team within Analytics
- Collaborate with sites on social media strategy
- Create and implement effective SEO strategies and execution
- Note: this is NOT an editorial internship with heavy writing work
This is a paid summer internship in our NYC office. 40hrs/week during the summer months.
- MUST be currently enrolled in an accredited university or have graduated no earlier than Winter 2012
- A strong interest in the business side of journalism, social media, audience development and data visualization
- Strong Writing Skills required
- Video editing and production experience a plus
- Working knowledge of how all social media platforms function
- Working knowledge of HTML and how content management systems such as Wordpress and Moveable Type.
- Must be curious and engaged about digital content—beyond Twitter and Facebook
- Have a passion for understanding how digital platforms are changing journalism
- Must be an independent thinker and self-starter who needs little direction to take a project from start to finish
- Must be able to interact and work with a broad range of people from senior editors and executives at AOL to other interns and young writers.
- Preferred Majors: Business of Journalism, Communications, Business, Media Studies
This is the job for you if..
This might not be the best fit for you if…
- You are passionate about and understand the world of digital publishing
- You enjoy diverse project work with and working with an array of people
- You want to become a writer or are interested in a traditional journalism internship
AOL - 2 years ago
Though it's no longer a part of Time Warner, AOL is still serving America online. The Web portal serves users with an array of content...