TV Land is looking for a committed social media marketer to build audience engagement for TV Land's brand, classic shows, and original sitcoms. The ideal candidate possesses a passion for and expertise in social media as well as an understanding of emerging digital trends and their practical application. The audience development manager oversees all TV Land brand social communication, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Tumblr, and will also handle the development and implementation of acquired programming (e.g. Curb Your Enthusiasm, Golden Girls, I Love Lucy) marketing plans. While social media marketing is the key focus of this position, the candidate must possess excellent writing skills and have some experience in creating or commissioning content for the digital realm. Previous television network experience is a plus, not required. Candidate must have at least 3-5 years of work experience on the digital side of entertainment, media, marketing, journalism or production. This is a perfect job for an editor with strong social media chops looking to segue into digital marketing. Above all, the candidate must be enthusiastic and pop culture savvy!
- Management of all TV Land brand social media profiles (Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram, Buzzfeed)
- Management of all TV Land acquired programming Facebook profiles
- Digital marketing strategy and implementation for classic show launches
- Programming key sections of the TVLand.com website
- Support original series through the TV Land brand presence
- Work with programming department to ensure the channel schedule is supported through social media
- Interface with LA-based PR team and show productions to gather appropriate content for social profiles
- Conduct ongoing analysis of our digital marketing performance through social analytics tools
- Support Viacom “sister” brand social co-promos for CMT, Comedy Central, Spike, Nick at Nite, etc.
- 3-5 years relevant digital marketing and/or editorial/content experience
- Excellent written skills
- Experience with social analytic tools such as HootSuite and SocialGuide
- Comfortable with Photoshop and Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Ability to source, hire and manage freelancer content creators
- Pop culture addict!
- Passion and experience for digital marketing and social media