Activision Blizzard and its affiliated companies is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Job Title: Audio Engineer
Sledgehammer Games, developers of Call of Duty MW3, is hiring!
Sledgehammer Games was founded with a singular goal: Achieve Excellence. We have a state of the art facility, an industry leading development team, and a studio culture built to promote and support world class game developers. We are actively recruiting top talent for our Call of Duty development team. If you are passionate and driven to do your best work, and have a desire to work on the most successful FPS franchise in the history of video games, please apply online.
Come take a closer look at our studio, our culture, and some of the worldwide press for our latest game, Modern Warfare 3, at http://www.linkedin.com/company/sledgehammer-games/careers.
The primary responsibility of the audio engineer at Sledgehammer is to architect, refactor, and oversee the Audio domain of our game and accompanying low-level systems. An audio engineer will be flexible and comfortable jumping into more theoretical audio R&D to more practical implementation of audio algorithms. The Audio Engineer will be working hand-in-hand with our world class audio team. Qualified candidates need to be self-starters, passionate about audio, able to operate in a highly dynamic environment, and have concise execution during times of high stress. This is a great opportunity for someone who has a solid technical background, a passion for the gaming industry and enjoys working with a powerful engineering team. This position reports to the Engineering Development Director and will interact directly with all disciplines of the development team.
- Architect, refactor and maintain entire audio domain and accompanying low-level engine systems.
- Design, write, debug and refine audio systems, features, tools and infrastructure as needed.
- Work with other engineers and content creators in developing new audio system, like mixing, streaming, dsp, and new cutting edge features.
- Contribute extensively to the audio engine
- 3-5+ years programming experience.
- Passionate about audio
- Demonstrated proficiency in and knowledge of C/C++, data structures, performance, and multi-threaded programming techniques.
- Experience with runtime DSP a plus
- Contributed extensively to the development of two or more shipped games, PC or console.
- Knowledge of common data structures and algorithmic solutions.
- Proficient with 3D math including linear algebra (vector math, matrices)
- Thorough knowledge of software design practices including modular architecture, event-driven architecture, and software design patterns.
- Ability to quickly understand and work with internal and externally developed code.
- University-level degree in Computer Science or related field.
- A strong passion for video games of many kinds.
- Experience with computer game technologies including: physics, animation, gameplay
- Demonstrated ability to write clean, readable, portable, reliable, and optimized code on current-gen consoles.
- Contributed extensively to the development of at least two shipped console games.
United States-California-Foster City
Activision - 10 months ago