Improve the technical quality of the technology support group by helping the manager to identify areas of development for the engineers as well as providing high quality service delivery of IT and AV technologies.
Interact with customers professionally with all level of customer including C-level executives.
Provide pro-active recommendation to improve the customer experience of IT/AV capability within the facility.
Understanding of various Infrastructure support– servers, storage, network, database, security, applications, etc.
Good understanding of 2-3 technology areas – windows servers, unix/linux servers,
storage management, web applications, switching/routing network concepts, databases
(SQL Server or Oracle).
Mentor engineers on technical skills and problem and change management.
Conduct face-to-face meetings with customers’ technical stake holders.
Partner with management in order to identify trends and opportunities to improve.
Be the first contact for cross group collaboration / consulting others.
Ensure that collaboration is at the center of all we do. Facilitate knowledge and best practices
sharing within the team and across teams.
Drive process and systems improvement.
Conduct technical interviews and assist with the hiring and recruiting process.
Act as a role model and mentor in the team.
Manage customer escalations and provide the appropriate help.
Acquire & coordinate resources from other groups as needed to resolve customer issues.
Receive escalated issues or collaborate on issues until fully resolved with the appropriate sense of urgency
Assign work to team members ensuring deliverables meet deadlines within an environment of multiple competing priorities.
- 5+ years of work experience in IT support world.
- Solid support engineering practices.
- Ability to juggle and prioritize within a demand-driven environment with multiple competing priorities.
- Considered an expert in multiple business/functional areas.
- Strong understanding of IT and/or AV functional areas.
- Strong team leadership skills and entry level project management experience.
- Highly motivated, with strong project orientation and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline or equivalent work experience/training.
Atos Origin - 2 years ago