JOB SUMMARY: The Sr. Audio Video Engineer will be responsible for designing, installing, and supporting audio and video equipment and control systems, and will provide technical leadership and support to in-house staff and our clients. This involves full responsibility for the complete lifecycle (evaluate, design, document, install, test, support, repair, maintain, upgrade, monitor, train, and enhance) of media and AV solutions deployed across our clients sites as well as in-house.
- Perform all of the essential functions required to evaluate, design, document, install, test, support, repair, maintain, upgrade, monitor, and enhance audio and video equipment and , control systems.
- Train in-house staff and clients on the use of installed AV equipment and control systems.
- Mentor other AV Engineers and co-workers in AV technologies.
- Coordinate and manage subordinates, facilitate interdepartmental communication and allocate tasks and resources as needed.
- Gather and link information, resolve discrepancies and make strategic recommendations.
- Engage and work with Project Managers, Solution Engineers, Account Managers, Technicians and other subject matter experts who are charged with producing timely and high quality technical work.
- Prioritize and manage several projects and/or tasks simultaneously.
- Ensure cross-functional development and assist in the consolidation and integration of functions.
- Conduct continual analysis and evaluation of strategic information (revenues, installation margins, material costs and logistics, installation operations, etc).
- Make effective presentations on departmental topics to internal/external audiences.
- Provide meaningful reporting to Senior Management in a timely and effective manner.
- Facilitate and or conduct training in topics pertaining to AV technologies.
- Manage customer warranty and support programs including trouble shooting related to the products and services we provide.
- Organize, analyze, interrupt and evaluate results and provide practical feedback.
- Foster a work environment that engenders positive energy, creativity, and teamwork among employees.
- Develop, implement, and administer policies, procedures and methodologies to be adhered to by employees of the group.
- Represent the I&M Group in various meetings and functions both internal and external.
- Have a positive outlook and a strong sense of motivation and Company pride.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Possess a high level of independent judgment within established procedures.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of directly related experience.
- Be familiar with Crestron Programming (certification desired, but not a requirement)
- Be certified within the AV industry (CTS, CTS-D)
- Be experienced (certification preferred) with Crestron, Extron, BiAmp, LifeSize, and Cisco/Tandberg.
- Be experienced with projectors, projection screens, LCD/Plasma displays, microphones, speakers, amplifiers, mixers, switchers, and other AV equipment.
- Be experienced with both analog and digital distribution systems.
- Be experienced with AV cabling and termination methodology.
- Be experienced with AV tools and test equipment.
- Possess a thorough understanding of audio and video technologies.
- Possess strong leadership, management, coaching and organizational skills.
- Possess the ability to work in an unstructured environment and independently.
- Be a strong problem solver and planner with organizational and analytical ability.
- Possess excellent oral, written, cross-functional and interpersonal communication skills that are appropriate for various levels, including management, staff, vendors, and clients.
- Possess good project planning and execution skills, including the ability to make mid-course corrections.
- Be proficient with computers, including word processing, spreadsheets, and CADD
- Ability to work extended hours (overtime) as needed.
- Ability to be regularly scheduled for on-call status if needed.
- Position may require travel to worksites.
- Must be able to work safely following company policy/procedures on safety.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable with our auto insurance carrier during course of employment.
- Must be able to travel out of town/state/country for work.
- A proven history of delivering positive results
Each Sr. Audio Video Engineer will be expected to own and possess the standard tools of the trade, including, Soldering Iron, Electrician Scissors, Philips Head Screw Driver, Flat Head Screw Driver, Pliers, Punch Down Tool, Flashlight, Torpedo Level, Socket Set, Drill Bits, Tape Measure, RJ 45 Crimpers, Label Maker (P-Touch), Coax Crimpers/Compression Tool, and a Tool Bag.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; reach with hands and arms. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, sit and use hands to pull cables and wires, use power tools, work in awkward positions and climb ladders and/or scaffolding. The employee must be able to safely lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, and color vision. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud and employee may be exposed to outside weather elements.
NOTE : The requirements listed above must be met by an employee to successfully perform each duty and each function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. Logicalis reserves the right to change or modify this job description as deemed necessary to address changes in law, changes in technology, changes in the marketplace, or for any reason whatsoever.
Logicalis Group - 15 months ago
Logicalis is an international IT solutions and managed services provider with a breadth of knowledge and expertise in communications and...