Columbia Basin Hearing Center was founded in 1978 by Dr. Francis A. Aiello, Ph.D. He was later joined in 1992 by his son, Dr. Neil W. Aiello, Au.D. From that point in time, CBHC has grown from a small hearing and speech center to the largest hearing center in Eastern Washington.
The Doctors of Audiology on staff Dr. Shannon M. Aiello, Au.D. and Dr. Kevin M. Liebe, Au.D. have vast expertise in diagnostics and rehabilitation of hearing and vestibular disorders. The varied experiences from having three providers’ increases the depth knowledge and staff by offering personalized hearing solutions to the unique difficulties our patient’s experience.
At Columbia Basin Hearing Center, our clinical audiologists have the expertise, understanding, and knowledge which results in better living through better hearing for our patients. We are dedicated to providing the finest quality, most advanced hearing and balance (dizziness/vertigo) services and products in an honest, fair, patient-focused environment.
The Audiologist is responsible for administering diagnostic audiological tests that allow the differentiation between types of hearing disorders. The Audiologist will provide hearing aid testing, selection and fitting to all populations. Also, provides comprehensive diagnostic testing including ABR, VNG, VEMP and other tests as needed. The Audiologist counsels patients regarding test results and reviews options which best meet their hearing care needs. Performs hearing aid testing, selection, and fitting to all populations. Reviews pricing and sale of hearing aids as a part of the patient education process.
Administers Diagnostic Tests
- Performs Auditory Brainstem Response (ABR), Videonystagmography (VNG), VEMP (Vestibular Evoked Myogenic Potentials), Tympanometry, Acoustic Immittance, and Tinnitus Evaluations/Counseling.
- Provides amplification services
- Coordinates and interprets test results.
- Consults with and makes recommendation on hearing disorders to physicians.
- Based on test results, diagnosis audio/vestibular disorders.
- Coordinates care with physicians and other providers.
- Completes chart notes for each patient seen and sends written report to referring physician and primary care physician
Manages Hearing Rehabilitation
- Counsels patients regarding test results.
- Makes recommendation regarding hearing care/ tinnitus options.
- Reviews products available to improve hearing impairment.
- Sells appropriate hearing care products and warranties as deemed necessary to meet the needs of the patient.
- Provides hearing aid dispensing, including selection, fitting, ear-mold acoustics, ongoing management with follow-up, and education.
- Demonstrates and sells Assistive Listening Devices (ALD’s), batteries, and other special products.
- Performs hearing aid repairs.
- Performs hearing aid checks and cleaning.
- Aware of marketing activities.
- Responsible for revenue and margin outcomes.
- Maintains positive relationships with various vendors.
- Assists customers with exchanges or returns as needed.
- Involved in clinical quality outcomes, including efficiency and productivity.
- Provides excellent customer service and maintains good public relations.
- Oversees management of all office procedures.
- Shares administrative duties with colleagues as needed.
- Performs all other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Practices good safety and infection control protocols.
- Exercises confidentiality as it relates to business information.
JOB SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- AuD or Masters degree in Audiology, current state licensure for Audiology and dispensing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that allow effective working relationships with a diverse customer, colleague, and vendor population. This includes listening, sales, and problem solving skills.
- Strong keyboard/computer/Audiology diagnostic and hearing aid software and equipment experience.
- Must be able to organize time and prioritize numerous duties within strict deadlines.
- Requires the ability to deal with numerous interruptions.
- Must deal with customers in a caring and respectful manner.
- Must be detailed oriented.
Audigy Group - 17 months ago