Provides standard reporting and analytical support in a GWIM Operations for one or more product areas funds transfer, collateral mgt/margins, corporate actions, static data/data management, control, trader support, clearance/settlement, documentation/confirmations, customer service, new accounts, client valuations, document processing or statement/billing processing. While incumbents in this position are responsible for traditional activities such as trade processing/clearance or funds transfer, their day-to-day actions are more focused on administering defined procedures, analysis and report preparation, and exception processing. Requires general understanding of operations and GWIM products. This associate's work may be subject to the review of a Supervisor or Operations Team Manager. Associates in this position will either typically possess a college degree, analytic and systems skills, basic knowledge of finance and have good communication skills; or will have worked within the Operations area for several years and have acquired an understanding of the process. Generally 2-4 years or more experience is preferred. Can also be designated as a Team Lead in this role.
The Audit Control Associate is responsible for monitoring and auditing all processes handled by the Core Brokerage Operations and Integrated Account Opening Teams across Hopewell, Jacksonville, Lincoln and Charlotte and ensuring compliance to all FINRA, SEC and Firm Policies & Procedures.
This individual will also be required to:
- Conduct daily spot checks reviewing completed items for compliance with regulatory requirements
- Conduct monthly mock audits and assist with feedback and coaching
- Prepare for annual audits
- Maintain and update all internal Policies and Procedures in accordance with regulatory and Firm policies
- Communicate policy and procedural changes and conduct training as required
- Ensure timely review and filing of all reports
Required Skills & Abilities:
The Audit Control Associate is a self-motivated individual who possesses the ability to perform in a fast paced ever changing environment. The Associate is required to maintain service and productivity levels at or above standard while ensuring accurate and timely execution of task and service requests. The Associate is detail-oriented and demonstrates strong communication, interpersonal, teamwork, leadership, and service skills with a strong commitment to organizational excellence.
Preferred Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of Industry regulations and ML Internal policies and procedures
- Previous management and/or audit experience preferred
- Knowledge of ML operating systems
- Demonstrate ability to apply analytical and technical expertise to problem solving
- Capable of resolving non-routine items by developing alternatives and/or selecting from established approaches, processes, and procedures
- Knowledge of Wealth Management Workstation, Data Highway Workstation, Collections Notification System, Private Client Order Entry, Advanced Service and Processing System, Siebel Contact Center and Microsoft Outlook and Office Suite
Posting Date : 24/01/2014
Location : US-NJ-Pennington
Travel : No
Hours Per Week : 40.00
Bank of America Corporation is a bank holding company. Through its banking subsidiaries (the Banks) and various non-banking subsidiaries...