The Audit Analyst is responsible for facilitating the operational effectiveness of the business unit. The Analyst creates, organizes, and analyzes all necessary documents for school, lender, and collection agency reviews. Analyst functions as the point of contact for the audit resolution process and performs all analyses required to bring closure to a review.
- Prepares and analyzes loan samples for school, lender and collection agency reviews.
- Organizes and creates each review’s work papers, checklists, reports and any other applicable documentation. Access applicable systems, including collections and the U.S. Department of Education’s (ED) NSLDS and PEPS systems.
- As assigned, performs tests and analyze test results. Testing may involve using audit analysis software on automated processes.
- Assists with finalizing and issuing reports. Submits school compliance reports to ED, accrediting and state oversight agencies, and applicable ECMC staff. Updates PEPS with lender and school program review report information.
- Analyzes documentation submitted by schools, lenders and collection agencies addressing the required actions in the audit report.
- Performs written and verbal communication for findings that are not addressed or remain unresolved. Tracks and monitors progress of outstanding findings until satisfactorily resolved.
- Calculates and notifies schools and/or lenders of liabilities (interest and special allowance) owed to ED.
- Engages in planning and coordinating in order to accomplish internal audit and compliance strategies and goals.
- Serves as records retention coordinator; responsible for managing department records, and prepares records for off-site storage.
- Complies with all ECMC Group Policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required to work normal hours to successfully perform the job responsibilities.
- May need to work nights and weekends to complete work.
- Requires minimal overnight travel.
- High School diploma or GED
- 3+ years experience analyzing data for compliance with laws, regulations and/or contracts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate knowledge working in a computer based office suite environment; Microsoft Windows or MAC Office
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Ability to work independently
- Audit-related experience
- Advanced computer skills
ECMC - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard