CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are together ranked as one of the top ten providers of accounting in the United States. With more than 35 offices and more than 2,000 professionals, we serve the country’s growing mid-market public and private businesses. MHM provides high quality audit and attest services while closely associated CBIZ provides all other accounting, tax and consulting services.
CBIZ & MHM are devoted to providing you with a challenging, motivating environment to guide your success in this profession. Training is provided through the Associate Professional Development (APD) program which is specifically designed to build on the foundations of your college studies to develop advanced accounting knowledge. In this program, you will benefit from:
The Audit Intern works as a member of the Client Services group of MHM in providing outstanding service to our valued clients. This position performs many of the duties of an entry level accountant including working directly with corporate clients, under the supervision of upper level management.
- National level training resources and technology
- Development of leadership and networking skills
- Exposure to multiple clients within diverse industries
- Mentoring by Managers & Directors
- Connecting personal success with CBIZ & MHM success
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
A successful candidate will have:
- Gain an understanding and assist in planning multiple audit assignments in Real Estate, Construction, Nonprofit, Manufacturing and many more industries
- Execute solid understanding of accounting and auditing principles, quality control standards and technology implementation procedures relative to individual client assignments
- Participate in client assignments from beginning to end
- Identify and communicate audit issues, technical matters and improvement opportunities with senior associates, managers and partners to resolve client issues discovered during the audit process
- Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with all levels of client staff to increase customer satisfaction and to strengthen client relationships
- Pledge to provide exceptional service to every client by providing individual attention, responsiveness and commitment to understanding their goals and needs
- Maintain and comply with the highest degree of professional standards, client confidentiality and personal conduct
- Working towards a Bachelor's degree; Master’s degree in Accounting, Taxation or related field preferred; with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.25
- Active participation in student organizations or work experience in accounting or a related field is a plus, but not required
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, research, including basic knowledge of GAAP and GAAS rules, procedures and standards
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Ability to multi-task, think independently and problem solve in a results driven team oriented environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong computer and technical skills including, Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, intranet and audit software
Come grow your career with CBIZ & MHM!
Visit us online at www.facebook.com/cbizmhmcareers or www.cbiz.jobs !
E-Verify, Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Mayer Hoffman McCann - 2 years ago