Altarum Institute is seeking an experienced Program Manager to lead a proposed auditing project and a team of auditors in assisting a client with internal financial audits. Responsibilities will include providing oversight and supervision to auditors and other staff in conducting a major auditing project for the government client in the metro Washington, DC area.
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit systems research and consulting organization that has been servicing government and private sector clients since 1946. Combining the analytical rigor of a research institution with the business agility of a consulting firm, the Institute is uniquely positioned to deliver practical, systems-based health and healthcare solutions to its clients. Altarum’s nonprofit status ensures that the public interest is always preeminent in our work. Our dedication to social responsibility is evident in all that we do, serving the public good with integrity and enabling others to do the same.
As a Program Manager , you will be responsible for:
• Providing oversight and supervision to the entire team of auditors and other Senior and Junior Analysts.
• Providing audit subject matter expertise and support to the entire team of auditors and other Senior and Junior Analysts.
• Ensuring all audit work, including work papers, test sheets and final reports developed by Senior and Junior Analysts are accurate and complete.
• Planning financial audits by understanding organization objectives, structure, policies, processes, internal controls, and external regulations; identifying risk areas; preparing audit scope and objectives; preparing annual audit plan and audit programs.
• Assessing compliance with financial regulations and controls by executing audit program steps; testing general ledger, account balances, balance sheets, income statements, and related financial statements; examining and analyzing records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
• Assessing risks and internal controls by identifying areas of non-compliance; evaluating manual and automated financial processes; identifying process weaknesses and inefficiencies and operational issues.
• Verifying assets and liabilities by comparing and analyzing items and collateral to documentation.
• Completing audit work papers and memoranda by documenting audit tests and findings.
• Communicating audit progress and findings by providing information in status meetings; highlighting unresolved issues; reviewing working papers; preparing final audit reports.
• Improving protection by recommending changes in management monitoring, assessment, and motivational practices, in the internal control structure, and in operating processes; identifying root causes.
• Supporting external auditors by coordinating information requirements.
• Providing financial control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
• Protecting organization's reputation by keeping information confidential.
• Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Contributing to team results by welcoming new and different work requirements
• Extensive knowledge of the DoD Military Health System and associated regulations and policies.
• Certified Public Accountant or a Certified Internal Auditor
• Familiarity with other federal, state, and civilian health care programs.
• Experience with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS) and OMB Circular A-123, Management's Responsibility for Internal Control.
• Demonstrated experience in managing multiple staff and activities.
• Demonstrated experience working with high level government managers.
• Ability to assists with the incorporation of innovative management, operational, and financial techniques that result in increased productivity and sustained organizational growth.
• Ability in assisting in finding solutions to a myriad of business issues and problems.
• Excellent oral and written communicator with good interpersonal skills.
• Experience with preparing and editing technical or general documentation using various software packages such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel and Windows
• May be required to interact with senior level managers such as high level military and civilian medical, health care and technical personnel.
• Master’s Degree in Accounting, Economics, Business, or related discipline and 4 to 6 years of auditing experience.
Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit health systems research and consulting organization. Altarum integrates independent research and...