The QAR Project Leader will lead the execution and continuous improvement of a robust quality assurance program that provides stakeholders with assurance of FirstMerit Audit Services’ performance of an effective delivery of a proactive, risk-based audit assurance program. The QAR Project Leader will ensure department policies/procedures are maintained in compliance with International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Audit, and these standards are being adhered to. The role will also provide support for the periodic preparation of board-reporting and other special projects at the direction of the Audit Management team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field (Business Administration, Finance)
- 8 years of audit and banking experience
- Professional Tier 1- Certifications, such as CISA, CIA, CPA.
- Familiar with International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Audit
- Thorough knowledge of auditing standards, concepts, practices and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of banking laws and regulations, and the ability to comprehend and apply laws and regulations pertinent to the area under review.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to mentor others.
- Ability to plan, organize, and effectively manage a project.
- Demonstrates a high standard of ethical conduct.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Masters of Business Administrative degree with emphasis in Computer Science, Accounting or Finance.
- Additional Professional Certification : CFIRS, CFE, CAMS
- 10 or more years of bank audit experience.
- Proven effectiveness in managing and leading professional teams in completing complex financial, operation, compliance and IT audits within the financial services Industry.
FirstMerit Corporation is a bank holding company. Through its subsidiaries, the Company operates primarily a banking organization, providing...