- Assist audit management with the delivery of various services, including operational and financial audits, compliance engagements, advisory projects, or other special assignments, over a broad range of areas within the Corporation and in support of its business objectives
- Lead a team in the planning and performing of projects, including client interviews, risk assessments, program development and execution, workpaper preparation, workpaper reviews, and project oversight
- Communicate with audit management and client regarding project status and identified issues
- Prepare clear and concise reports with results, conclusions, and recommendations to management
- Follow up on recommendations to validate implementation
- Provide supervision and feedback to staff Auditors
POSITION LEVEL AND SALARY WILL BE COMMENSURATE WITH QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or closely related field required.
- Minimum five (5) years internal auditing or general accounting experience required.
- Equivalent related experience in public accounting may be considered.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or other applicable certifications preferred.
- Experience in the refining and marketing business preferred.
- Strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and generally accepted auditing standards, and ability to analyze their application to the Corporation's records and activities.
- High degree of initiative and creativity required since each audit requires a different approach.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required; ACL and SAP experience preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required to interact with internal and external contacts.
- Ability to work under time constraints to complete the annual Audit Plan required.
- Ability to travel – 10 to 20 percent.
Valero Energy Corporation is a Fortune 500 company based in San Antonio, Texas, and through its subsidiaries is the world’s largest independent petroleum refiner and marketer. Valero supplies fuel and products that improve people’s lives with 16 refineries and 10 ethanol plants stretching from the U.S. West and Gulf coasts to Canada, United Kingdom, and the Caribbean. Well-positioned pipelines and terminals allow Valero to deliver premium-quality clean fuels quickly, responsibly, and efficiently. Our diversified product slate supports dozens of industries, from health care and plastics to transportation, beauty products, and manufacturing.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
Valero is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Valero - 19 months ago
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels, other...