Assist Internal Audit leadership in providing assurance to executive, operating and divisional management as to the adequacy of the effective use of Company resources, adequacy of the internal controls, and adherence to Corporate and Finance Policies and Procedures as well as local laws, regulations and industry codes. Support the execution of internal audit projects through the identification of financial, IT, and operational risk areas, development and completion of audit test plans and the communication of observations and recommendations to enhance the control environment. Conduct higher risk integrated financial, IT, and operational audits of Biogen Idec functions and affiliates in both domestic and international locations. Supervise other team members on various audits to ensure timely and thorough completion of their assigned responsibilities. |
At least 4-6 years diversified US and/or International auditing experience, with Big 4 experience preferred and non-audit experience and Life Sciences industry experience considered to be a plus. Work experience should indicate progressively more responsibility.
Ability to manage short-term projects and supervise less experienced professional staff. Ability to travel 25 to 40% to work in domestic and international markets for multi-week assignments as necessary. Other attributes and skills include:
• Excellent organizational and project management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
• Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently
• Strong knowledge of audit methodology, risk assessment and internal control concepts
• Strong understanding of core accounting concepts and working knowledge of GAAP
• Familiarity with IT audit methodology and COBIT
• Awareness of fraud risks and schemes
• Ability to analyze process workflows and identify gaps and bottlenecks
• Ability to interact with employees at all levels of the organization
Ability to identify issues, perform root cause analysis, relevant business risks and present to management
Bachelor of Science in Accounting with Masters Degree / MBA a plus. Professional certifications should include CPA / CIA and/or CISA.
Biogen Idec - 19 months ago
Biogen Idec (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a global leader in the discovery, development and delivery of innovative therapies to improve the lives of...