Function & Scope:
Working under the general supervision of the Director of the Office of Internal Audit, this entry level auditor will complete various audit assignments while assisting with the execution of the RF annual internal audit plan. Incumbent will work in collaboration with other audit team members in all aspects of audits including planning, execution, analysis, documentation and report writing.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Incumbent will be responsible for:
• Demonstrating an understanding of business processes, risks and controls, including regulatory requirements and related accounting issues, and helping implement appropriate processes and systems for governance and control purposes.
• Conducting interviews with university personnel to use as evidence for audit work;
• Conducting tests to determine compliance with applicable policies, procedures and internal controls;
• Carrying out fieldwork in accordance with audit programs;
• Analyzing results of audit work;
• Documenting findings and discussing the findings with the appropriate contacts;
• Communicating results verbally and in writing to client and management;
• Assisting in preparing draft reports and workpapers for review;
• Assisting in documenting audit programs;
• Completing the assignment allocated within the budgeted time; while keeping track of the time spent on each assignment and bringing any delays to the notice of the team in a timely manner;
• Performing audit work using word processing, spreadsheets, and other software;
• Approaching work assignments with an enterprise-wide, business perspective;
• Preparing working papers to support conclusions in accordance with audit standards;
• Researching audit issues;
• Assisting in training faculty and staff on internal controls and other issues;
• Performing other duties, as assigned.
Excellent oral and written communication skills. Professional presence and attitude, good professional judgment and an analytical mind. Work independently with minimum supervision. Able to work in a team environment.
Excellent computer skills are required with specific experience with Microsoft Office applications.
Must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment and able to adapt well to priority changes.
Education & Experience:
Bachelors degree in Accounting. CPA candidate with previous audit experience preferred.
To apply, please visit: http://rfsuny.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=38095
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
The Research Foundation for the State University of New York is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation for the State University of New York are not state employees, do not participate in any state retirement system, and do not receive state fringe benefits. The Research Foundation for the State University of New York operates under a contract with The State University of New York and receives no directly appropriated state funding.
Copyright ©2012 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
LatinosInHigherEd.Com - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard