Currently the fifth largest producer of natural gas in the United States, Southwestern Energy Company is a growing independent energy company primarily engaged in natural gas and crude oil exploration, development and production within North America. We are also focused on creating and capturing additional value through our natural gas gathering and marketing business, which we refer to as Midstream Services. Visit SWN.com to learn more.
Working at Southwestern Energy
Southwestern Energy produces and provides energy to our world. It’s a commitment that has motivated our employees for more than 80 years. Every day we are explorers and producers, working to discover innovative new ways to fuel the future. Our culture demands creativity and innovation, and we foster this by building programs and procedures that make our company and industry better. We give employees, including new hires, the opportunity to be a contributor from the first day on the job. It’s important to us to create a rewarding and inclusive work environment. We reward team and individual performance, in addition to offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits. We support our employees with opportunities to participate in ongoing development training and support groups.
We are at the forefront of several significant projects, including the Fayetteville Shale and Marcellus Shale plays. In fact, Southwestern Energy was the first to discover the economic viability of the Fayetteville Shale and is the largest producer of its natural gas. In a few short years, we achieved two significant milestones – total gross operated production of 2 Bcf per day and surpassed 2 Tcf cumulative gross operated production. In the Marcellus, our gross operated production reached 300 MMcf at year end 2012. Our work is also well known in the Arkoma Basin in Western Arkansas, East Texas, and we have exploratory efforts in the Brown Dense, located near the Arkansas-Louisiana border, Colorado’s Denver-Julesburg Basin, Utah and New Brunswick, Canada
This position is within Southwestern Energy’s (SWN’s) Audit Services group and reports to the Audit Manager. The Auditor II is responsible for performing vendor audits, compliance reviews, operational audits, and assisting with investigations of potential company policy violations. This includes planning, executing and reporting. This individual will also have significant interaction with upper management, operations team leaders, and vendors.
• Perform vendor audits as outlined in the audit plan or requested by management.
• Validate compliance with contract(s) by examining and analyzing records, reports and documentation; recommending opportunities to strengthen the internal controls.
• Validate compliance with company procedures and policies through various operational audits of field and office processes.
• Assist with special projects and non-routine requests for specialized information by gathering data, performing analyses, and communicating results to management.
• Investigate/monitor incidents to ensure appropriate actions were taken and an approved resolution was reached. Complete audit work papers and reports by documenting audit tests and findings.
• Educate employees/contractors on SWN compliance program and company policies.
• Some travel may be necessary for this position.
• Ability to effectively communicate with upper management, operations team leaders, and vendors.
• Ability to plan work and organize resources
• Strong relationship building skills; customer focused; team player
• Able to foster trust and promote an honest culture
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
• Adheres to and conducts business in accordance with the core values and ethics/compliance policies and procedures of Southwestern Energy and its affiliates
• Ability to handle large amounts of information and detail in an organized and efficient manner
• Maintain confidentiality
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business related field required
• Five to seven years upstream oil and gas experience and/or oil and gas vendor compliance or operational auditing experience preferred
• Microsoft office products with proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• CPA, CIA and/or CFE a plus
SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER (M/F/V/D)
SouthWestern Energy Company - 11 months ago
High Hotels Ltd.
The High Companies
- 9 days ago
TMG Health, Inc.
TMG Health, Inc.
- 30+ days ago
Staff Internal Auditor
- 30+ days ago