Why choose American Tower?
It’s where you want to be. Today’s American Tower is a dynamic, performance-driven organization full of new opportunities and the highest standards of excellence. Our culture is based on integrity, accountability, hard work, collaboration and social responsibility. We offer internships in a variety of fields where talented students can develop and grow professionally.
American Tower, an S&P 500 and a Forbes Global 2000 company, is a leading independent owner, operator and developer of wireless communications sites. We provide the infrastructure that allows your cellular phones and other mobile devices to work. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, we have offices throughout the United States and in nine other countries in Latin America, Asia and Africa.
No matter where you join us, you'll find a diverse team of global employees focused on our shared success.
American Tower – where you want to be.
The primary responsibility of the Staff Auditor will be to assist the audit team in achieving the established testing goals by conducting detailed contract audits, effectively documenting findings and communicating results to the Senior-Audit. In addition, the Staff Auditor will also contribute to the overall evaluation and assessment of key data and control environment.
- Perform detailed contract audits to verify accuracy of data, records, and information maintained within various databases.
- Analyze and resolve discrepancies noted.
- Present results in a clear, concise manner.
- Compile audit findings and recommendations for modifications and improvements to systems and procedures.
- Fulfill the internal targets and departmental goals set by the Internal Audit department.
- Continuously strive for excellence in every assignment undertaken
- Regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment in performing job duties.
- Be ready and willing to learn new techniques
and to accept new challenges
- Detail oriented - able to work within testing parameters and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated - works well both independently and with the team
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to exercise independent judgment on matters of significance
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor degree in accounting required
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in internal audit involving control testing and financial audits.
- Accounting experience including book-keeping, preparation of financial statements, tax preparation will also be considered.
100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and finger to feel and handle; reach with arms and hands; talk and hear.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, and crouch; lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
We are a dynamic organization in a rapidly changing industry.
Accordingly, the responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company’s business needs.
More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
American Tower, an S&P 500 and a Forbes Global 2000 company, is a leading independent owner, operator and developer of wireless...